Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.
Author: Publisher
To qualify automatically for the 14-team tournament, a side must be among the top eight teams in the ICC ODI rankings by the cut-off date of March…
The head of Bangladesh’s caretaker government, Muhammad Yunus, announced his resignation on Monday, days after the parliamentary elections in which the Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) emerged victorious.This move paves the way for a new political era in the country. Yunus, a Nobel Peace Prize laureate, said in a televised address: “Today, the caretaker government resigns, but the democratic process, freedom of expression, and respect for fundamental rights that have begun must not be halted.” The parliamentary elections, held last Thursday, resulted in the BNP winning 212 out of 300 seats in parliament.BNP leader Tarique Rahman is scheduled to be sworn in as prime minister on Tuesday. Yunus had assumed leadership of the interim government in August 2024, following the departure of former Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina Wajed after weeks of popular protests that resulted in the deaths of at least 1,400 people, according to UN estimates. The period also saw a referendum on the so-called “July Charter,” a package of institutional reforms designed to strengthen the democratic process, which was supported by more than 60 percent of voters.With the resignation of the interim government, Bangladesh enters a new political phase as power is transferred to an elected government. Source link
India is discussing age-based restrictions with social media companies, following Australia’s move to ban under-16s from popular platforms, IT minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said Tuesday. “This is something which has now been accepted by many countries that age-based regulation has to be there,” Vaishnaw told reporters at the AI Impact Summit.”Right now we are in a conversation regarding deepfakes, regarding age-based restrictions with the various social media platforms and… what is the right way to go about this,” he said.Australia in December enforced a ban that required TikTok, YouTube, Snapchat and a host of other top social media services to remove accounts held by young teens, or face heavy fines. Vaishnaw also signalled tougher oversight of manipulated content online. “We need much stronger regulation on deepfakes,” he said. “I think it’s a problem which is growing day by day. And certainly there is a need for protecting our children, protecting our society from these harms.” India already last week tightened rules regulating artificial intelligence, requiring social media platforms to clearly label AI content and comply with takedown requests by authorities within three hours. Source link
TOPSHOT – France’s President Emmanuel Macron (C-R) and his wife Brigitte Macron (L) are welcomed by India’s officials upon their arrival in Mumbai on February 17,…
Scale of destruction in Gaza exceeds imagination, human losses immense : United Nations Development Programme
Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Alexander De Croo affirmed that the scale of destruction in the Gaza Strip is unimaginable and that the human losses are immense. “Heavy, emotional day in Gaza. The scale of destruction is beyond imagination, the human toll immense. Yet the resilience of the Palestinian people is just as clear,” De Croo said on X platform.He added that the UNDP is on the ground assisting Palestinian people and helping to kick-start early recovery, noting that more needs to be done. The death toll from the Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip has risen to 72,063 martyrs and 171,726 wounded since Oct. 7, 2023. Source link
Britain’s unemployment rate rose to a five-year high of 5.2 percent in the final quarter of 2025, official data showed Tuesday, as the country’s economy struggled to grow.It was a slight increase from the 5.1 percent jobless rate seen in the three months to end-November, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said.It was the highest level since January 2021, which coincided with the Covid pandemic. “The number of workers on payroll fell further in the final quarter of the year, reflecting weak hiring activity,” ONS director of economic statistics Liz McKeown said in a statement. Analysts said the data increased chances of the Bank of England cutting its benchmark interest rate next month, a forecast that weighed on the pound on Tuesday. Official figures last week showed that Britain’s economy grew less than expected in the final quarter of 2025. “Continuing the recent trend, the UK labour market… is showing signs of creaking at a time when economic growth is difficult to come by,” said Jonathan Raymond, an investment manager at Quilter Cheviot.The ONS added that wage growth slowed further in the fourth quarter, to 4.2 percent, while overall UK inflation is expected to retreat further in the coming months. Source link
Thirteen teams will compete in the third edition of the Al Thumama Ramadan Tournament, set to begin on Friday at Al Furjan Stadium in the Al Thumama area. Organised in cooperation with the Qatar Sports for All Federation, the tournament is open to young players aged 10 to 14 (born between 2012 and 2016) and promises exciting nightly action throughout the holy month. The competition drew overwhelming interest, with 39 teams submitting applications. After reviewing eligibility requirements, the organising committee finalised the list at 13 teams to ensure the tournament maintains strong competitive standards and smooth organisation. Tournament Director Yousef Abdulnoor explained that narrowing the field was necessary to select teams that fully met the participation criteria, ensuring a balanced and high-quality competition. The teams have been divided into two groups. Group One includes Doha, Turki Bin Abdullah, Al Wajba, Al Zaeem, Al Rayyan, and Al Thumama. Group Two features Al Dafna, Al Shaab, Al Waab, Medical Care, Palestine, Abu Nakhla, and Al Shahaniya. Three matches will be played daily at the neighborhood fields, starting at 8:00pm. The tournament will officially kick off with three opening fixtures: Doha vs. Turki Bin Abdullah, Al Wajba vs. Al Zaeem, and Al Rayyan vs. Al Thumama, setting the stage for what is expected to be a vibrant and competitive start. Organisers have also confirmed a generous prize structure. The champions will receive QR7,000 along with a trophy and medals, while the runners-up will earn QR5,000 and medals. Third place will claim QR3,000 and medals. Individual awards will recognize standout performances, with QR500 each for the best player, top scorer, and best goalkeeper. In addition, the best team will receive QR2,000. Special surprises for participating teams will be revealed during the tournament, adding further excitement to the competition. Source link
Barcelona’s Circuit de Catalunya will host a Formula One Grand Prix in 2028, 2030 and 2032 after signing a contract extension to alternate with Belgium, the Liberty Media-owned sport said yesterday. The race will be known as the Barcelona-Catalunya Grand Prix from this season, with the Spanish Grand Prix moving to a new street circuit in Madrid. “Barcelona is an incredible city, and the Formula One fans there always welcome us with such passion, so I am delighted that we will continue to race at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya for years to come,” said F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali in a statement. Source link
Paris Saint-Germain’s Brazilian defender #05 Marquinhos (L) and Paris Saint-Germain’s French forward #10 Ousmane Dembele (C) take part in a training session on the eve of…
Afghanistan’s Azmatullah Omarzai celebrates his team’s win at the end of the 2026 ICC Men’s T20 Cricket World Cup group stage match between Afghanistan and United…
