
The UN human rights chief expressed alarm yesterday following reports of more than 50 civilians being killed in drone strikes in Sudan in two days in the last week.
At least 57 civilians were killed between Sunday and Monday, including at least 15 children, in separate drone attacks in four states across Sudan, according to the UN. UN human rights chief Volker Turk said the killings were a reminder of the devastating consequences of drone warfare in Sudan, with civilians and civilian infrastructure targeted.
Some 28 civilians were killed on Sunday in an alleged Sudanese Armed Forces drone strike on Al Safiya market in Sudari locality, North Kordofan, the UN said.
The next day 26 civilians were killed in West Kordofan in an alleged SAF drone strike at a displacement shelter in Al Sunut.
Discover more from Truth Inspire Your Day
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
