Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.
Author: Publisher
The Israeli military on Friday ordered residents to evacuate the southern Lebanese town of Deir Ames, north of its self-declared “security zone,” saying it planned to carry out strikes there, a day after Israel and Lebanon extended a ceasefire by three weeks.The military said Hezbollah was operating from the town, without providing evidence or specifying when, warning that militant activity launched from Deir Ames would prompt Israeli action. Source link
* Iran foreign minister expected on Friday in Islamabad* US security teams already in place Peace talks between Iran and the United States could resume soon in Pakistan, where Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi was expected to arrive on Friday night, three Pakistani sources said.Two of the sources, from the Pakistani government, said a U.S. logistics and security team was already in place for potential talks.There was no immediate direct response from Washington or Tehran to the report, but US Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, speaking around the same time, told a briefing that Iran had a chance to make a “good deal” with the United States. The last round of peace talks had been expected on Tuesday but never took place, with Iran saying it was not yet ready to commit to attending and a US delegation led by Vice President JD Vance never leaving Washington.President Donald Trump unilaterally extended a two-week ceasefire on Tuesday at the 11th hour to allow more time to reconvene the negotiators.LEBANON CEASEFIRE EXTENDEDOn Thursday, Israel and Lebanon extended a separate ceasefire for three weeks at a meeting at the White House brokered by Trump. Iran considers maintaining the ceasefire in Lebanon a precondition for talks with the United States on the wider war.Trump said on Thursday he was in no rush to reach an agreement and wanted it to be “everlasting,” while asserting that the U.S. had an upper hand in a standoff in the Strait of Hormuz, the world’s most important energy shipping route.The United States has yet to find a way to open the strait, where Iran has blocked nearly all ships apart from its own since the start of the war eight weeks ago. Iran showed off its control this week by seizing two huge cargo vessels there.Trump imposed a separate blockade of Iranian shipping last week, with U.S. forces boarding several Iranian ships in international waters. Iran says it will not reopen the strait until Trump lifts his blockade.Only five ships crossed the strait in the last 24 hours, shipping data showed on Friday, compared to around 130 a day before the war. Those included one Iranian oil products tanker, but none of the vast crude-carrying supertankers that normally feed global energy markets.Container shipping company Hapag-Lloyd also said one of its ships had crossed, without giving details. Source link
The 2026 Global Report on Food Crises, released on Friday by an alliance of UN agencies, the European Union (EU) and partners, finds that 266 million…
His Excellency Sheikh Thani bin Hamad al-Thani awarded the Qatar Gold Sword to His Excellency Sheikh Jassim bin Tamim al-Thani after Chdia’s victory at Al Rayyan…
Al Rayyan players celebrate clinching the Gulf Club Champions League after a 3-0 win over Saudi Arabia’s Al Shabab in the final at Ahmad Bin Ali…
Lusail International Circuit (LIC) concluded a standout edition of its Mixed Training Day, drawing more than 1200 participants onto its iconic 5.38 km track in a fully enhanced and integrated sports and wellness experience. The event represents a significant evolution of the community initiative, and a clear validation of LIC’s commitment to making the circuit a destination for active living, not just world class motorsport. Open to runners, walkers, and cyclists alike, participants took to the same asphalt that hosts Formula 1, MotoGP and the Qatar 1812 KM – FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC), an experience that delivered a rare and energising perspective on one of the world’s most celebrated motorsport venues. Track access ran from 6pm to 9pm, offering a vibrant evening setting that drew individuals and families from across the community. The enhanced edition introduced a range of new features that elevated the on-ground atmosphere. A curated selection of food and beverage vendors offered healthy, performance-focused options to fuel participants before and after their sessions. Dedicated sports recovery stations were available throughout the evening, catering to participants of all fitness levels. Fitness activations and entertainment zones added further energy to the experience, ensuring the event was engaging for all ages. Beyond the physical activities, Mixed Training Day served as a vibrant gathering point, a space where sport, wellness, and social connection converged on one of the most iconic tracks in the world. The strong turnout reflected a growing community appetite for meaningful, active experiences that go beyond the ordinary. A regular on the circuit’s community events roster, Mixed Training Day, is free of charge and is open to all ages and fitness levels. Participants under 15 must be registered by a parent or guardian, and those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult on the day. Advance registration is mandatory and can be completed via the official portal at members.lcsc.qa. Upcoming dates are published on the LIC website at www.lcsc.qa. Source link
World News in Brief: Civilians at risk in Gaza and West Bank, Duterte to go on trial in ICC, Yemen detainees update
The concerns follow reports that children were killed in northern Gaza after a tent sheltering civilians was hit in a strike. OCHA reiterated that under international…
“The Results Report 2025 shows that with support from WHO and partners, countries have delivered tangible benefits for millions of people,” said WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom…
The UN Secretary-General has welcomed the extension, calling it “an important step toward de-escalation and creating critical space for diplomacy and confidence-building,” while urging all sides…
Chasing a target of 266, New Zealand were bowled out for 210, falling well short as Bangladesh’s bowlers delivered a disciplined performance TBS Report 23 April,…
