Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.
Author: Publisher
Irish Prime Minister Micheal Martin and his delegations arrive at the Great Hall of the People to meet with Chinese President Xi Jinping, in Beijing, China.…
Barcelona players take part in a training session, ahead of the Spanish Super Cup match against Athletic Bilbao at King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah. (AFP)…
An aerial photograph shows flooded streets following heavy rain in southern-Bosnian town of Blagaj. Icy temperatures plunged swathes of Europe into a second day of travel…
People use a rope to cross a river in the aftermath of flash floods that destroyed adjacent villages in Ketol, Indonesia’s Aceh highland province, Tuesday. Torrential rains battered Indonesia’s Siau island, causing a flash flood that killed at least 16 people, with another three missing, authorities said Tuesday. An overflowing river flooded four towns on the small island north of Sulawesi on Monday, the national disaster mitigation agency said in a statement. “Sixteen people have been reported dead due to the flash flood,” agency spokesman Abdul Muhari said, adding that teams were searching for the three missing. He said 22 people were injured and nearly 700 villagers displaced. “The flash flood was triggered by heavy-intensity rain that had drenched the area since the early hours, causing the river’s water flow to surge suddenly,” Abdul said. Images shared by the search and rescue agency showed big rocks and uprooted trees that were swept away. The flood cut off access to some roads and damaged dozens of homes as well as public buildings and infrastructure, the spokesman said. Floods are common in Indonesia during the rainy season, which typically lasts between October and March. Tropical storms and intense monsoon rains have pummelled parts of South and Southeast Asia late last year, triggering deadly landslides and floods from the rainforests of Indonesia’s Sumatra to highland plantations in Sri Lanka. Indonesian authorities say at least 1,178 people were killed in Sumatra, and more than 240,000 displaced. While the annual monsoon season often brings heavy rain to Indonesia, the Sumatra deluge in November was among the worst disasters to strike the island since a magnitude-9.1 earthquake triggered a massive tsunami in 2004. …
Manchester United interim coach Darren Fletcher said Tuesday he did not think he would manage the club in his “wildest dreams” as he prepares for his first game following the sacking of Ruben Amorim. The Portuguese was axed on Monday after 14 months at Old Trafford after an explosive post-match interview following his team’s 1-1 draw at Leeds on Sunday. Under-18s coach and former United player Fletcher was put in charge for today’s match at Burnley and faced the press for the first time Tuesday. The former Scotland international is expected to remain in place until the club appoints a caretaker boss, with United planning to name Amorim’s permanent successor at the end of the season. Fletcher, 41, said the past 24 hours at Old Trafford had been “surreal”. “It’s an amazing honour to be able to lead a Manchester United team,” he said. “I don’t even think it was in my wildest dreams that that was something that could potentially happen, even thinking about playing for the club and stuff like that. But to lead out the team is an amazing honour and something I am really proud to do. It’s not (happened) in the circumstances that I expected it to happen so that obviously is something that doesn’t sit quite easy with me, but I just have to think I’ve got a job to do and I’ve got to lead the team tomorrow and think of the great honour and pride in doing that.” Fletcher said conversations with the club’s hierarchy had focused on today’s game against struggling Burnley and they would speak again after the match. Fletcher, United’s technical director between 2021 and 2024, was asked whether he wanted to try to earn the manager’s job on a full-time basis. “Honestly it’s not something I’ve thought about,” he said. “I’m focusing on Burnley. I think that discussion is for after the game. There has been that much going on and it has all happened so quickly that all my concentration, efforts and thoughts have gone into Burnley.” Related Story Source link
France’s President Emmanuel Macron (right) welcomes Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky at the Elysee Palace in Paris, Tuesday, prior to the Coalition of the Willing summit on…
World News in Brief: Storms in Syria, school attacks in Nigeria, strikes continue in southern Lebanon
The storm hit 90 sites across Aleppo, Idleb and Al-Hasakeh governorates on 31 December, affecting more than 150,000 people. Humanitarian partners reported that two infants died…
A stone wall collapsed after an earthquake hit the region in Houki, Tottori prefecture, western Japan, Tuesday. A strong 6.2-magnitude earthquake shook western Japan Tuesday but no tsunami warning was issued and no major damage was reported. The tremor was recorded at 10.18am in Shimane prefecture at a shallow depth, the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) said. The US Geological Survey recorded a slightly lower 5.8 magnitude reading which it then lowered to 5.7. The quake measured upper-five on Japan’s Shindo scale of shakiness in the western city of Yasugi. At that level, heavy furniture may fall and drivers can have trouble steering. The JMA said that the same region was hit soon afterwards by smaller quakes with magnitudes of 4.5, 5.1, 3.8 and 5.4, also with no tsunami alerts. No abnormalities were detected at the Shimane nuclear plant as of 10.45am, broadcaster NHK said, citing utility company Chugoku Electric. Parts of the Shinkansen bullet train network were suspended due to a power blackout, operator JR West said. It was unclear if this was related to the quakes. The military said it was conducting an aerial damage assessment and had established a disaster response liaison office. “The government is collecting information on damage… People in the regions that were hit by strong shakes please continue to be careful about more quakes of the same strength,” Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi said. Japan sits on top of four major tectonic plates along the western edge of the Pacific “Ring of Fire” and is one of the world’s most seismically active countries. The archipelago, home to around 125mn people, experiences around 1,500 jolts every year. The vast majority are mild, although the damage they cause varies according to their location and depth. Japan is haunted by the memory of a massive 9.0-magnitude undersea quake in 2011, which triggered a tsunami that killed around 18,500 people. Related Story Source link
FILE PHOTO: Soccer Football – UEFA Conference League – Slovan Bratislava v RC Strasbourg – Tehelne pole, Bratislava, Slovakia – October 2, 2025 RC Strasbourg coach…
The chairman of the Naalakkersuisut, Jens-Frederik Nielsen, holds a press conference in Nuuk, Greenland. He welcomed the European leaders’ pledge of solidarity and renewed his call…