Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.
Author: Publisher
Syrian Foreign Minister Asaad Hassan Al Shaibani and Lebanese Prime Minister Nawaf Salam discussed, in a phone conversation on Sunday, the latest regional developments and their repercussions.The Syrian Foreign Minister stressed the importance of increasing bilateral coordination to enhance security and stability amid current developments. Source link
Kuwait has expressed its vigorous condemnation and denunciation of the Iranian attacks that targeted the Sultanate of Oman, considering them a brazen violation of international law and the UN Charter.In a statement today, the Kuwaiti Foreign Ministry confirmed Kuwait’s full solidarity with the Sultanate of Oman and its backing of all measures it takes to safeguard its security, sovereignty, and stability. Source link
Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO) Dr. Tedros Ghebreyesus said that he is deeply troubled by the situation unfolding today across the Middle East.In a statement on Saturday, the Director-General of WHO said, “Regardless of borders, everyone deserves to live without the threat of violence around them.”Dr. Ghebreyesus urged leaders “To choose the challenging path of dialogue over the senseless route of destruction,” adding, “The world is watching and hoping for wisdom to prevail over weapons.” Source link
The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) expressed its strongest condemnation and denunciation of the brutal Iranian attacks targeting the Duqm commercial port in the Sultanate of Oman and an oil tanker off its coast.In a statement on Sunday, GCC Secretary General Jasem Mohamed Albudaiwi said these assaults constitute a flagrant violation of the Sultanate of Oman’s sovereignty and a dangerous escalation that undermines regional security and stability, while threatening the safety of maritime navigation and global energy supplies.Albudaiwi explained that the treacherous military operations launched by Iran against Council states reflect its intentions toward the GCC and the region at large. He noted that the GCC states had previously conveyed assurances to the Iranian regime, through various meetings and occasions, that they would not permit the use of their territories or airspace for any military operations against Iran.Iran’s targeting of civilian facilities constitutes a major breach of international law, the United Nations (UN) Charter, and the principles of good neighbourliness, he added, underscoring the GCC’s full solidarity and unified stance alongside the Sultanate of Oman in all measures it takes to protect its sovereignty and safeguard its security and stability. He reiterated the Council’s rejection of all forms of aggression targeting the security of its member states. Source link
The United Nations (UN) Secretary-General Antonio Guterres condemned today’s military escalation in the Middle East, saying that the use of force across the region undermines international peace and security.In a statement, Guterres said, “All Member States must respect their obligations under international law, including the Charter of the UN.””The Charter clearly prohibits the threat of the use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations,” he added.The UN Secretary-General called “For an immediate cessation of hostilities and de-escalation,” saying, “Failing to do so risks a wider regional conflict with grave consequences for civilians and regional stability.”Guterres strongly encouraged all parties to return immediately to the negotiating table, reiterating that the peaceful settlement of international disputes in full accordance with international law, including the UN Charter, is the only viable path, adding that the Charter provides the foundation for the maintenance of international peace and security. Source link
Bahrain’s National Communication Centre announced that the country’s missile air defense systems efficiently and vigilantly intercepted a new wave of Iranian ballistic missiles and drones targeting the country, destroying and neutralizing them with high effectiveness.In a statement, the Centre said limited debris had fallen in several areas as a result of the interceptions, noting that the relevant authorities had immediately initiated procedures to ensure the safety of the sites and address any resulting impact.The Centre stressed that these attacks constitute a violation of Bahrain’s sovereignty and security, underscoring that the safety of citizens and residents remains a top priority and that full readiness continues around the clock to counter any threats to the nation’s security and stability. Source link
Egyptian Foreign Minister Badr Abdelatty discussed the rapidly escalating developments and dangerous military escalation in the region in two separate phone calls on Sunday with his Iraqi counterpart Fuad Hussein and Romanian counterpart Oana Toiu.In a statement, the Egyptian Foreign Ministry said that Abdelatty stressed during the calls the need for concerted regional and international efforts to de-escalation and containment of the current crisis, warning of the catastrophic consequences of the conflict’s expansion.The Egyptian Foreign Minister emphasized that prioritizing political and diplomatic solutions is the only way to prevent the region from descending into widespread chaos, the devastating effects of which would impact the security, stability, and resources of all the region’s peoples. He stressed that there is no alternative to dialogue for addressing the current crises.He expressed his condemnation of the targeting of the territories of several Arab countries, affirming Egypt’s categorical rejection of any violation of their sovereignty and territorial integrity. Source link
Harir Air Base in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq was subjected to two consecutive attacks at dawn Sunday.The specific nature of the strikes, whether conducted via missiles or drones, has not yet been confirmed.An Iraqi security source in Erbil province stated that the extent of the damage resulting from the two attacks remains unknown. However, thick plumes of smoke were observed rising near the adjacent airport.Harir Air Base had previously come under rocket fire on Saturday, with four violent explosions heard in the areas surrounding the facility.In a related development, Iraqi forces announced today that two drones crashed in the Nineveh Plains region of northern Iraq. This coincides with a wave of mutual military escalation between the United States and the Israeli entity on one side, and Iran on the other. Source link
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has announced that it will hold an emergency meeting on Monday at the request of Russia to discuss the developments following the US-Israeli strikes on Iran.The United Nations agency clarified in a statement on Sunday that this special session of its Board of Governors will address issues related to the military strikes carried out by American and Israeli forces on Iranian territory.Director General of the IAEA, Rafael Grossi, commented on the situation, emphasizing that the Iranian nuclear file will not be permanently resolved through military action. He underscored the critical need to reach an agreement. Source link
Iranian media announced the deaths of a number of senior commanders from the Armed Forces and the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) following US and Israeli strikes targeting Iran. According to Iranian outlets, the fatalities include Defence Minister Aziz Nasirzadeh, Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces Abdolrahim Mousavi, and the IRGC Commander-in-Chief, Major General Mohammad Pakpour. These reports follow earlier announcements of the death of Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei amid coordinated Israeli and US airstrikes across various regions of Iran. Source link
