Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.
Author: Publisher
Iranian media reported that the capital, Tehran, was subjected to successive airstrikes on Saturday, coinciding with an Israeli announcement of the start of an offensive against Iran.The Iranian news agency, IRNA, reported in a breaking news that sounds of explosions were heard in various parts of Tehran, noting the rise of thick smoke resulting from these blasts.In the same context, Iran’s Fars News Agency reported hearing three explosions in central Tehran, while local media confirmed that a number of missiles had struck the area.This comes at a time when the Israeli Defense Minister, Israel Katz, announced that Israel has launched a missile attack, which he described as “preemptive,” against Iran.No immediate official comment has been issued by Tehran regarding the attack so far. Source link
Alpecin-Premier Tech’s Dutch rider Mathieu van der Poel celebrates with the trophy after winning the 81st edition of the men’s ‘Omloop Het Nieuwsblad’ UCI World Tour…
The huge star WOH G64, surrounded by a thick donut-shaped cloud of dust and its blue binary companion, some 163,000 light-years from Earth, is seen in…
Iran Civil Aviation Organization announced the full closure of Iranian airspace following a series of explosions in the capital, Tehran.Spokesperson Majid Akhavan said in remarks carried by Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) that the closure will remain in effect for six hours.Iranian media reported that successive airstrikes hit the capital, while Israel announced the launch of an operation against Iran.Explosions were heard in several areas of Tehran and other parts of the country, accompanied by thick smoke. Source link
New Zealand reached the Twenty20 World Cup semi-finals after Pakistan crashed out despite a five-run victory against already-eliminated Sri Lanka in a Group Two Super Eights match in Pallekele Saturday. An inferior net run rate meant Pakistan had to win big against Sri Lanka in order to pip New Zealand and join group leaders England in the last four. They racked up 212-8 after Sahibzada Farhan (100) and Fakhar Zaman (84) combined in a T20 World Cup record 176-run opening stand. Pakistan had to restrict their opponents to 147 or less to make the last four, but hosts Sri Lanka finished on 207-6 nearly snatching a victory. Pavan Rathnayake made 58 and Sri Lanka captain Dasun Shanaka smoked an unbeaten 76 off 31 balls. Defending champions India will play West Indies in a virtual quarter-final in Kolkata today with the winners claiming the last semi-final spot. “It could have been a different story had we won the toss,” Pakistan captain Salman Agha said. “Dew was a factor, and we couldn’t execute our plans,” the Pakistan captain added. Put in to bat in a do-or-die match at the Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Pakistan could not have asked for a better start. Farhan led their charge with scintillating power-hitting as he and Zaman denied Sri Lanka a breakthrough until the 16th over. Sri Lanka’s sloppy fielding did not help their cause either. Dunith Wellalage dropped Farhan on 75, while Janith Liyanage caught the batter on 76 but stepped onto the boundary cushion in the process. FARHAN BREAKS KOHLI’S RECORD Farhan, who also bettered Indian Virat Kohli’s record of most runs in a T20 World Cup with his tally of 383, needed 59 balls to become the first batter to score two hundreds in the same edition of the tournament. The partnership came to an end when Zaman dragged a Dushmantha Chameera delivery onto his stumps, which triggered a late collapse. Farhan was caught in the covers off the bowling of Dilshan Madushanka after a stellar knock studded with five sixes and nine fours. Having already been eliminated, Sri Lanka faltered early in their chase and were 33-2 having lost both openers inside five overs. Charith Asalanka fell after a brisk 25 and spinner Abrar Ahmed (3-23) dismissed Kamindu Mendis in his next over. Rathnayake’s belligerent 58 could not force a win for Sri Lanka but knocked Pakistan out of the tournament. Shanaka, whose job is reportedly at risk after leading Sri Lanka’s poor campaign, injected fresh excitement into the dead rubber by hitting eight sixes. Needing 28 from the last over from Shaheen Afridi, Shanaka began with a four before clobbering three sixes in a row. Afridi recovered from the assault to finish with two fairly wide deliveries which Shanaka could not connect with. “It was a close game,” Shanaka said. “I could have finished it but well bowled to Shaheen.” BRIEF SCORESPakistan 212 for 8 (Farhan 100, Fakhar 84, Madushanka 3-33) beat Sri Lanka 207 for 6 (Shanaka 76*, Rathnayake 58, Abrar 3-23) by five runs Related Story Source link
(FILES) Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei adjusts his eyeglasses during a press conference after casting his ballot for the parliamentary runoff elections in Tehran on…
Explosions were reported across several Gulf capitals as regional tensions sharply escalated following United States- and Israel-linked military strikes on Iran, prompting retaliatory action claimed by Tehran and triggering widespread security alerts and airspace disruptions across the Middle East.AFP confirmed that explosions were heard in Riyadh, marking a significant expansion of the crisis, while witnesses and international media reported blasts and air-defence activity in parts of the United Arab Emirates, including Abu Dhabi. Authorities across the region moved swiftly to heighten security preparedness as the situation evolved rapidly.The escalation follows confirmed strikes earlier targeting sites inside Iran, after which Iranian officials warned of retaliation against American military assets across the region. Iranian state-linked media, including the Fars news agency, said missile operations targeted several US military installations in the Gulf, naming Al-Dhafra Air Base in the UAE, Al-Salem Air Base in Kuwait, and the US Fifth Fleet headquarters in Bahrain.While Iranian outlets described the facilities as targets, official confirmation regarding direct impacts or damage at several of the bases had not been issued by host governments at the time of publication.Reports from regional and international media indicated that air-defence systems were activated in multiple locations amid incoming missile alerts. In Bahrain, explosions were reported near areas hosting US naval facilities, while heightened security measures were observed across Gulf states.Airspace restrictions were imposed across parts of the region as a precaution, with airlines rerouting flights to avoid affected corridors. Aviation authorities cited safety concerns amid the fast-moving security situation.Governments across the region have yet to release comprehensive assessments of damage or casualties, and officials urged the public to rely on verified information as events continued to unfold.More details were expected as authorities and international agencies continued to assess the rapidly developing situation. Source link
A group of Zimbabwe superfans told AFP “it felt surreal” to be watching their team in the Super Eights in India – days after the colourful group had returned home thinking their T20 World Cup odyssey was over. They will be in Delhi today to see their Zimbabwe heroes, who cannot qualify for the semi-finals, sign off in their final match against South Africa. The six – Malvin Kwaramba, Brian Hwenjer, Godwin Mamhiyo, Leonah Tanikwa, Abel Mataranyika and Ben Gotora – had witnessed their side top their group with famous wins over Australia and co-hosts Sri Lanka. But the next day, February 20, the fans headed to Colombo airport in Sri Lanka for the long journey home via Dubai, their budget exhausted. Then a sponsor stepped in and a few days later the colourful band were back in the cricketing cauldron of Chennai to witness their idols face India in a Super Eights showdown. India won easily, but it mattered not to the the fans who are called “Castle Corner” after the part of the Harare Sports Club ground at which they congregate. They were just grateful to be there after their cricketing adventure had been unexpectedly extended. An online video of the fans saying goodbye to Zimbabwe’s players went viral and caught the attention of Delta Corporation who stepped in to pay for the fans to go back and finish the tournament in India. “We returned to Harare on Saturday (February 21) and on February 24 were on a flight to India,” Kwaramba told AFP. “Thanks to Delta and Stella Nkomo, Zimbabwe’s ambassador to India, that our visas and bookings everything were taken care of and here we are. “It’s surreal. “I still can’t believe that I am here in India. You know, the experience is out of this world.” Zimbabwe’s fairytale run in the tournament ended with two big defeats to the West Indies and India in Mumbai and Chennai. The results were secondary to the experience of a lifetime. “People here breathe cricket, sleep cricket. Everything about India is cricket. And when we got to the stadium, my word, it was humungous,” said Kwaramba. “The fans, the music, the performance, it was out of this world. “I got goosebumps. I pinched myself. I was actually in shock and awe. It’s an experience that I’m going to cherish and that is going to be in my heart forever.” Mamhiyo, an accountant, said India was unique in its love for the game. “Everyone here is thinking cricket and has got knowledge,” Mamhiyo told AFP. “You could discuss cricket with the tuk-tuk driver or with the person selling at a store. Mahiyo said the greatest part of the trip has been “the connections that I’ve made with people from Colombo, Chennai, Kandy, some from even London, Australia, Ireland”. “It’s been amazing how cricket brings people together and creates so much friendship.” Source link
And eat up not one another’s property unjustly (in an illegal way e.g. stealing, robbing, deceiving, etc.), nor give bribery to the rulers (judges before presenting your cases) that you may knowingly eat up a part of the property of others sinfully (Qur'an 2:188) Prayer times Fajr 4.40Zuhr 11.46Asr 3.07Maghrib 5.39Isha 7.09Fasting timesIftar today 5.39pmImsak tomorrow 4.29am Source link
The Arab League condemned in the strongest rems the Iranian attacks on Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, the UAE, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia.In a statement issued Saturday, the Arab League General Secretariat considered the missile attacks a blatant violation of the sovereignty of peace-loving nations that have worked to achieve stability and have not participated in war. The statement expressed full solidarity with the Arab states in confronting these attacks and support for any measures they take to defend themselves and protect their people.The statement emphasised that Arab states have taken clear positions on the Iranian crisis by rejecting military action against Tehran, and Arab states have exerted tremendous efforts to mediate and avert the escalation being witnessed today. It also warned of the immense danger inherent in the current situation in the region, urging all active parties in the international community to work towards de-escalation as quickly as possible, to spare the region the devastating consequences of widening instability and violence, and to return to dialogue. Related Story Source link
