Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.
Author: Publisher
Palestinians displaced during the two-year Israeli offensive, shelter at a tent camp in Gaza City, February 9, 2026. REUTERS/Mahmoud Issa Israeli forces killed four fighters in Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip yesterday after they emerged from an underground tunnel and opened fire on troops, Israel’s military said. It described the attack on Israeli troops as a violation of the US-brokered ceasefire with the Palestinian Hamas group that went into force in Gaza last October and said it views it with the “utmost gravity.” Israel has responded to similar incidents in recent months by carrying out air strikes across the enclave in which dozens of people have been killed.There was no immediate comment from Hamas, but some sources close to the group identified one of those killed as Anas Annashar, the son of a former senior Hamas politician. Dozens of Hamas fighters have been trapped in tunnels under Rafah since the ceasefire, and some have since been killed in clashes with Israeli forces.In a separate incident, Israeli forces shot and killed a Palestinian farmer in Deir Al-Balah in the central Gaza Strip, according to local health authorities. Israel did not immediately comment on the incident. Violence has repeatedly shaken the ceasefire and the two sides have traded blame over truce violations as Washington presses them to proceed to the next phases of the ceasefire deal, meant to end the conflict for good. The next phase of President Donald Trump’s Gaza plan calls for resolving complex issues such as Hamas disarmament, which the group has long rejected, a further Israeli withdrawal from Gaza and the deployment of an international peacekeeping force. The Gaza health ministry said at least 580 Palestinians had been killed by Israeli fire since the October ceasefire deal was agreed. Israel says four soldiers had been killed by fighters in Gaza over the same period. The Gaza war started with the October 2023 Hamas storming of southern Israel. The death toll in Gaza now stands at over 71,000, according to Palestinian health ministry data. Source link
Bangladesh and the United States have formally signed a comprehensive reciprocal trade agreement designed to reduce tariffs and broaden preferential market access for goods between the two nations, following nine months of negotiations that began in April 2025. Under the newly concluded pact, the United States will cut its reciprocal tariff rate on Bangladeshi exports to 19%, down from previously higher levels, while establishing a mechanism that allows certain textile and apparel products manufactured in Bangladesh using US-produced cotton and synthetic fibers to enter the US market with zero tariffs. This significant tariff relief is expected to benefit Bangladesh’s vital garment sector, which accounts for more than 80% of the country’s export earnings and employs millions of workers. Muhammad Yunus, chief adviser to Bangladesh’s interim government, said that the mechanism to extend zero reciprocal tariffs will be tied to the volume of US materials used in locally manufactured textile and apparel goods, providing direct support to the country’s export-oriented industrial base. From the US perspective, the agreement grants American industrial and agricultural products expanded preferential access to the Bangladeshi market. According to a statement from the White House, commitments include reduced non-tariff barriers through mutual recognition of safety and regulatory standards, acceptance of US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) certifications, and the lifting of restrictions on re-manufactured goods. Senior officials also highlighted that the agreement paves the way for major commercial deals between the two countries, such as Bangladesh’s purchase of 14 Boeing aircraft and significant long-term contracts for US agricultural and energy products, valued at an estimated $3.5 billion and $15 billion respectively over the next 15 years. Implementation of the agreement will occur in phases. While many agricultural and food products will see tariffs reduced to zero immediately upon enactment, other tariff cuts will be rolled out gradually over the next five to ten years. The signing of the deal comes at a critical moment as Bangladesh prepares for national elections scheduled later this week, after a caretaker government has led the country since August 2024. Source link
Acting President of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, Delcy Rodriguez, has received the credentials of HE Salman bin Nabit Al Khulaifi as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the State of Qatar to the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela. HE the Ambassador conveyed the greetings of HH the Amir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani to the Acting President of Venezuela, and extended His Highness’s wishes for her continued health and happiness, and for continued progress and prosperity for the government and people of Venezuela. For her part, the Acting President of Venezuela entrusted HE the Ambassador to convey her greetings to HH the Amir, wishing His Highness continued health and happiness, and the State of Qatar lasting progress and development. Source link
Kohli and Sharma, now playing only in the 50-over format, were pushed down from Grade A to Grade B. TBS Report 10 February, 2026, 02:25 pm…
Captain Aiden Markram led with a half-century as South Africa kicked off their Twenty20 World Cup campaign with a comfortable 57-run win over Canada on Monday,…
Al Duhail’s Bassam al-Rawi (right) and Sharjah’s Luanzinho vie for the ball. Qatar’s Al Duhail and Sharjah settled for a 1-1 draw which kept their AFC Champions League Elite last 16 hopes just about alive. The stalemate took both sides to eight points, with their fates to be decided in next week’s final round of league stage matches.Both teams came into the tie needing victory, with Al Duhail having gone down 2-1 against Iran side Tractor SC last time out, while Sharjah fell to a solitary goal against Saudi Pro League outfit Al Hilal.The home side threatened in the sixth minute with Jean-Charles Castelletto sending his glancing header off Benjamin Bourigeaud’s cross just wide of the right post, while Sharjah responded three minutes later with Matheus Saldanha forcing Al Duhail keeper Salah Zakaria into a save.Al Duhail exposed Sharjah again a minute later when Salah Zakaria spilled Edmílson Junior’s close-range shot into the path of Adil Boulbina who, however, was flagged offside.Another chance went begging for the Qatari side in the 12th minute when Edmílson Junior slipped through into the box and floated the ball for an unmarked Boubakary Soumare at the far post who, however, crashed his shot against the left post.The missed opportunities came back to haunt Al Duhail when Zakaria brought down Luanzinho inside the box, allowing Igor Coronado to convert from the spot in the 41st minute.Boulbina and Krzysztof Piatek caused problems for Sharjah early in the second half, while Maro Katinic couldn’t find the target from Coronado’s cross in the 50th minute with Luanzinho flashing his headed attempt agonisingly wide 10 minutes later from a fast break.Al Duhail were left frustrated again in the 62nd minute when Luanzinho fed an unmarked Boulbina, whose effort was ruled offside.There was, however, joy for the Algerian midfielder as he equalised from the spot in the 81st minute after being brought down by Rafael Pereira.Shaheen Abdalla had initially saved the effort, diving to his right to stop the effort but the penalty had to be retaken as the keeper had come off his line, with Boulbina making no mistake with his second attempt as the points were shared. Related Story Source link
Bader bin Mohammed al-Darwish, Acting Chief Executive Officer of QREC, Ahmed al-Sheebani, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, and Abdulla al-Kubaisi, Racing Manager and other officials pose after…
Bedouins gathers their goats on February 9, 2026, after residents of the town or Arraba, south of Jenin, in the occupied West Bank, were allegedly ordered…
Switzerland’s gold medalists Franjo von Allmen (right) and Tanguy Nef celebrate on the podium of the men’s team combined alpine skiing event during the Milano Cortina…
Iran could agree to dilute its most highly enriched uranium in exchange for all financial sanctions being lifted, its atomic chief said Monday, one of the most direct indications so far of its position at talks with Washington.US and Iranian diplomats held talks through Omani mediators in Oman last week in an effort to revive diplomacy, after US President Donald Trump positioned a naval flotilla in the region raising fears of new military action.The talks follow a crackdown on anti-government demonstrations in Iran last month when thousands of people were killed, the biggest domestic unrest since the 1979 Revolution.Trump joined an Israeli bombing campaign last year and hit Iranian nuclear sites. He also threatened last month to intervene militarily during the protests but ultimately held off.Washington has demanded Iran relinquish its stockpile — estimated last year by the UN nuclear agency at more than 440kg — of uranium enriched to up to 60% fissile purity, a small step away from the 90% that is considered weapons grade.The head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organisation, Mohammad Eslami, said Monday: ‘The possibility of diluting 60% enriched uranium… depends on whether, in return, all sanctions are lifted or not’.Eslami, whose remarks were reported by Iran's ISNA news agency, said however that another proposal, sending Iran's highly enriched uranium abroad to another country, had not been discussed at the talks with US officials.Ali Larijani, a close adviser to Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and secretary of its national security council, will visit Oman Tuesday following the US-Iranian talks there, the semi-official Tasnim news agency reported.’During this trip, (Larijani) will meet with high-ranking officials of the Sultanate of Oman and discuss the latest regional and international developments and bilateral cooperation at various levels,’ Tasnim said.The date and venue of the next round of talks have yet to be announced. Iran’s President Masoud Pezeshkian said Monday that a new round of talks would be ‘an appropriate opportunity for a fair and balanced resolution of this case,’ and that a desired outcome could be reached if the US avoids maximalist positions and respects its commitments.Iran would continue to demand the lifting of sanctions and insist on its nuclear rights including enrichment, he said.Iran and the US held five rounds of talks last year on curbing Tehran's nuclear programme, with the process breaking down mainly due to disputes over uranium enrichment inside Iran.Since Trump struck Iran's facilities, Tehran has said it has halted enrichment activity. It has always said its nuclear programme is solely for peaceful purposes.The US wants to include Iran's ballistic missile arsenal in negotiations, but Tehran has ruled this out.In a televised statement aired Monday, Khamenei called on Iranians to participate in the coming anniversary of the Revolution.’The presence of the people in the march and their expression of loyalty to the Islamic Republic will cause the enemy to stop coveting Iran,’ Khamenei said. Source link