Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.
Author: Publisher
Stewart said the new law now clarifies that if the ball first hits the non-striker’s stumps, the striker cannot be given out bowled. TBS Report 06…
Royal Challengers Bengaluru’s players celebrate with the trophy after winning the Women’s Premier League final against Delhi Capitals at the Kotambi Stadium in Vadodara Thursday. (AFP)…
Patrick Reed maintained his impressive early-season form to share the first-round lead with Daniel Hillier at the Qatar Masters after both carded seven under par 65s at the Doha Golf Club Thursday.The 2018 Masters champion arrived in Doha on the back of victory at the Dubai Desert Classic two weeks ago and a runner-up finish following a play-off defeat at last week’s Bahrain Championship. Hillier, meanwhile, continued his consistent run, sitting fifth in the season standings after four top-six finishes in five events, including second place at the Dubai Invitational and a tie for fourth in Bahrain.Reed made a flying start with three consecutive birdies and did not record his first par until the sixth hole, the 15th on his card. Despite a lone bogey, he surged to an outward nine of 31, picking up further birdies at the 16th and 17th. He birdied the first, fourth and seventh before a bogey at the eighth left him tied with Hillier.The American said: “I hit the ball pretty well, especially early in the round, a lot of my birdies were just kind of kick-ins which is always nice, not having to think too much around there.”Reed added: The golf course, especially when it’s windy like this, it requires a lot of shot-making – you have to work the ball both ways, or flight things down, or take it up in the air. That’s the kind of golf I like. I like to get creative when I’m out there and a golf course like this with a lot of doglegs and cross-winds, it allows you to do that. It’s just one of these places that kind of suits my eye.”Hillier also started from the tenth with a pair of birdies, with another at the 16th taking him out in 33. The New Zealander picked up another three in four holes from the third and after his only bogey of the day at the eighth, a closing eagle provided the perfect finish to his round.“Yeah, that was nice,” he said. “I was a little frustrated with a soft bogey there on (my 17th hole) but nice to get a couple back at the end. My game’s feeling really good so I’m just trying to ride the wave, I guess.”There was a Scandinavian flavour to the chasing pack, with Sweden’s Marcus Kinhult, Dane Jacob Skov Olesen and Finland’s Oliver Lindell all at six under. They were joined late in the day by Spain’s Angel Ayora and Italy’s Gregorio De Leo, the latter ending his round with a bogey at the ninth hole to deny him a share of the lead.Another Swede, Joakim Lagergren, was five under alongside New Zealand’s Kazuma Kobori. David Micheluzzi provided one of the highlights of the day with a hole-in-one at the third hole. The Australian was one under par for his round.It was a landmark day for Ireland’s three-time Major Champion Padraig Harrington, who made his 500th start on the DP World Tour and was presented with a silver platter by tournament director Mikael Eriksson to mark the occasion. Harrington also shot a one-under-par 71, with birdies at the ninth and tenth offset by a bogey at the 15th.Qatar’s Sokolov, al-Kaabi keep cut hopes aliveQatar’s Daniel Sokolov and Saleh al-Kaabi produced steady performances, carding identical rounds of 74 – two over par – to keep their hopes of making the cut alive.Play was suspended for the night with four groups still on the course. Among them was Qatar’s Ali al-Shahrani, who endured a difficult round and was 12 over par through 16 holes. Adri Arnaus and Francesco Laporta, both at two under par, were the leading players among the 12 golfers yet to complete their rounds.Al-Kaabi said competing on home soil provides both strong motivation and added responsibility to perform at his best. He noted that he enters the tournament with high confidence following an intensive preparation period and encouraging results in recent regional and continental events.The Qatari golfer added that his familiarity with Doha Golf Club offers a valuable advantage, helping him maintain focus and deliver consistent performances throughout the tournament.”I feel that I am enjoying one of my best seasons technically and mentally. My preparation has been strong and I know the competition will be tough with the presence of elite international players and former champions, but I am ready for the challenge and aim to take each round step by step,” al-Kaabi said.He stressed that his main target is to make the cut and achieve a result that reflects the development of Qatari golf, adding that fan support will play a key role in boosting players’ morale. Representing Qatar in a tournament of this scale, he said, is a great honour for the country’s golfers.Meanwhile, Sokolov expressed his delight at participating in the Qatar Masters, highlighting the value of competing alongside world-class players and gaining experience from top international stars. He added that he aims to improve on his opening performance and produce stronger results in the remaining rounds. Related Story Source link
MES Indian School Evening Shift acknowledges an exceptional achievement that has brought honour to the institution, as Durga Rajeeva, a bright Grade 1 student, entered the India Book of Records. She successfully recited the names of all 28 Indian states and their capitals in just 50 seconds, demonstrating remarkable memory, focus, and enthusiasm for learning.This notable accomplishment at such a young age reflects both Durga’s dedication and the supportive, nurturing learning environment fostered at MES Indian School. Durga was congratulated and appreciated by principal Dr Hameeda Kadar, senior vice principal Shihabudeen Pulath, and headmistress Sameena Ashfaq, who applauded her confidence and determination.MES Indian School extended its heartfelt congratulations to Durga Rajeeva and her parents on the proud milestone and reaffirmed its commitment to nurturing young talent and excellence. Related Story Source link
Milano Cortina 2026 Olympics – Ice Hockey – Women’s Preliminary Round – Group A – United States of America vs Czech Republic – Milano Rho Ice…
MES Indian School awarded Worldwide Book of Records title for Largest Human Qatar Flag Formation
In a vibrant validation ceremony held at its Conference Hall, MES Indian School announced the official recognition of its record-breaking achievement – the formation of the Largest Human Qatar Flag.The feat was certified by the Worldwide Book of Records, an internationally registered organisation renowned for validating, verifying, and cataloguing exceptional human accomplishments. Unveiling the validation case containing the certificate of authentication and a gold medal, B M Sidhique, president of the MES Governing Board, congratulated the students and staff for their monumental achievement. He also expressed heartfelt appreciation to the parents for their unwavering support of the school’s initiatives, which contribute significantly to students' overall development and success.The record-setting formation took place recently on the school’s sprawling grass field, involving a total of 7,700 students and staff. Dressed in co-ordinated white and maroon attire representing the Qatari national flag, participants formed the Largest Human Qatar Flag with remarkable precision in 140 rows and 55 columns, maintaining a spacing of 0.5 meters.Covering an area of 1,925 sqm, the display created a lifelike representation of Qatar’s national flag—a visually stunning tribute to the nation’s unity and identity. The extraordinary formation highlighted meticulous planning, discipline, and national pride, leaving an unforgettable impression on all who witnessed it.The ceremony was attended by the directors and esteemed members of the MES Governing Board, Dr Hameeda Kadar, principal of MES Indian School, Pramila Kannan, principal of MES Abu Hamour Branch, school officials, teaching and non-teaching staff, and students.Fiona D'Cruz, teacher representative, delivered the welcome speech, while Rema Devi, a teaching faculty member, proposed the vote of thanks.The event was expertly co-ordinated by Salim J Nadaf, c-oordinator of the department of physical education, and Anver, convener of the Cultural Committee, along with a dedicated team of teachers. Source link
Silca Blue delivered a strong performance to claim the Al Markhiya Cup, the day’s feature 1200m contest for three-year-old Thoroughbreds at Al Uqda Racecourse Thursday.The triumph further enhanced the excellent record of the Sheikh Abdul Rahman Rashid al-Thani-owned colt, marking his third victory from nine career starts.The bay was patiently ridden just behind the leading pack before being unleashed in the home straight, where he swept past his rivals to record a decisive 2¼-length victory.The success capped a phenomenal day for the trainer–jockey combination of Gassim Al Ghazali and Marco Casamento, with the duo registering four wins on the card.Earlier, Manos Arriba (Thoroughbred Maiden Plate), Malik (Local Thoroughbred Handicap) and Loose Cannon (Thoroughbred Handicap) also claimed titles for the pair.In other races, Salman Fahad Al-Hajri guided Manassek De La Gloire to victory in the Purebred Arabian Maiden Plate, while Acclaim To Royalty won the Thoroughbred Handicap under Tomas Lukasek.Lukasek also steered Shagraan to success in the Purebred Arabian Handicap, while Mou’nes Al Shahania topped the Local Purebred Arabian Handicap under Lukas Delozier. RESULTS46th Al Rayyan Race Meeting In Al Uqda – Al Markhiya CupWINNERS: (Horse, Trainer, Jockey)1 – Al Markhiya Cup, 3yo ThoroughbredsSilca Blue, Jassim al-Ghazali, Marco Casamento2 – Purebred Arabian Maiden Plate, Fillies and MareManassek De La Gloire, Yousef Al Jumaily, Salman Fahad Al-Hajri3 – Thoroughbred Maiden Plate, 4-7yoManos Arriba, Jassim al-Ghazali, Marco Casamento4 – Thoroughbred Handicap (0-60), 3yoAcclaim To Royalty, Mohammed Hassan al-Matwi, Tomas Lukasek5 – Local Purebred Arabian Handicap (55-75)Mou’nes Al Shahania, Rudy Nerbonne, Lukas Delozier6 – Local Thoroughbred Handicap (0-60)Malik, Jassim al-Ghazali, Marco Casamento7 – Purebred Arabian Handicap (80-100)Shagraan, Saeed Mohammed Shafi al-Shafi, Tomas Lukasek8 – Thoroughbred Handicap (80-105)Loose Cannon, Jassim al-Ghazali, Marco Casamento Related Story Source link
The Al Arabi Stadium buzzed with excitement as Loyola International School (LIS) hosted its Annual Athletics Meet, uniting students from both campuses in a vibrant celebration of excellence and sportsmanship.Held ahead of Qatar National Sports Day, the event highlighted the school’s commitment to fitness, participation, and sporting spirit. The meet began with the arrival of the chief guest, Saman Fonseka, head coach of the Qatar National Women’s and Under-19 cricket teams, accompanied by the managing director of Loyola International Schools – Qatar, Anup Chakravarthy.The event was officially opened with the hoisting of the school flag, a torch relay, and the ceremonial lighting of the cauldron.The march past and salutation were among the ceremony’s highlight. The sports oath was administered by the sports captain.Addressing the gathering, Fonseka praised the school for its structured sports programme and the discipline of its students. Principal Bhavana Vijaykumar highlighted the role of sports in fostering purpose and resilience among students. Chakravarthy also spoke.During the prize distribution, the overall championship was awarded to Diamond House from the Al Wukair Campus and Emerald House from the Al Nasr Campus.The principal has congratulated all participants and the sports department for their dedication and efforts. Related Story Source link
Spanish rescuers searched Thursday for a woman missing after a new storm hit the Iberian peninsula, as Portugal warned of a heightened flood risk after several months’ worth of rain fell in a few hours.One death has already been confirmed in Portugal from the seventh storm to hit the peninsula this year.Portugal has barely recovered from last week’s battering by rain and winds that killed five people, injured hundreds and left tens of thousands without power.Scientists say human-driven climate change is increasing the length, intensity and frequency of extreme weather events such as the floods and heatwaves that have struck the Spain and Portugal in recent years.Storm Leonardo on Wednesday dumped more than 40 centimetres (15 inches) of rain in some districts of Andalusia, southern Spain, the equivalent of several months of rainfall. Thousands of people were evacuated and roads and rail lines paralysed.Portuguese officials Thursday issued their highest flood alert for the Tagus river in the Santarem region.Authorities in Sanatarem evacuated people from homes near the river. Portugal’s civil protection chief Mario Silvestre said it was the worst flood threat along the Tagus in nearly three decades.Already Wednesday, at Alcacer do Sal, south of Lisbon, the Sado river burst its banks and flooded the town centre. Fire brigade divers helped evacuate residents on inflatable boats. The Civil Protection authority told AFP that 89 people had been rescued.River searchSpain’s Civil Guard told AFP they were searching for a woman who had fallen into the Turvilla river in the Sayalonga municipality Wednesday.Spain’s AEMET national weather agency lowered its warning level for Andalusia, saying it would rain “less intensely”. Schools reopened in most of Andalusia but remained suspended in worst-hit areas where roads and railways were still out of service.”It’s unheard of, with a little uncertainty, but whether we like it or not, Mother Nature has to find her place,” Mohamed Amar Mohamed told AFP in the village of Jimera de Libar on Wednesday.”All we can do is try to adapt and hope for the best,” said the 34-year-old construction worker.”It is clear that these are complicated, difficult days,” said Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez.Portugal’s IPMA weather agency said it had been the country’s second-wettest January since 2000.Train services were suspended in the north and central Portugal. In Lisbon, municipal authorities shut parks and tunnels and suspended several river transport connections faced with the risk of floods and falling trees.A man in his 60s died in the southeast on Wednesday after being swept away by the current while attempting to drive across a flooded area. Related Story Source link
Horwitz Bishop Chess Academy staged a Rapid Chess Tournament at Al Jazeera Academy in Abu Hamour, attracting more than 250 young players and underlining the growing strength of youth chess in Qatar.The one-day event, held on January 23, featured competitions across four age categories – Under-7, 9, 11 and 13. A total of 29 prizes were awarded across the categories. Adinad Anand claimed the U-7 title, while Muhammadh Nusri (U-9), Muhammed Azam (U-11) and Swarit Tejas Mehta (U-13) secured top honours in their respective categories. Former ICBF general secretary Boban Varkey and ICBF legal cell chairman Jaffarkhan M presented prizes to the winners. Source link
