Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.
Author: Publisher
Anthony Kim lines up his putt on the eighteenth green during the second round of the LIV Golf Black Diamond Ranch Tournament at Black Diamond Ranch.…
The death toll from the Israeli occupation’s aggression on the Gaza Strip has risen to 71,412, with 171,314 people injured since October 2023. Medical sources reported by Palestine News & Info Agency (WAFA) said on Sunday that three fatalities and nine injuries were received by hospitals in the Gaza Strip over the past 24 hours, adding that a number of victims remain trapped under rubble and on roads, as ambulance and rescue crews are still unable to reach them.The sources noted that since the ceasefire came into effect on October 11, 2025, the number of Palestinians killed has reached 442, with 1,236 injuries recorded, while 688 bodies have been recovered. They also reported the death of a two-month-old infant due to severe cold, bringing the number of child deaths caused by cold weather since the start of winter to four. Source link
Aryna Sabalenka of Belarus reacts during her semi-final against Karolina Muchova of Czech Republic at the Brisbane International Saturday. (AFP) Aryna Sabalenka beat Karolina Muchova in straight sets to reach her third Brisbane International final in a row Saturday, a week before the Australian Open.Sabalenka looked in great touch against the tricky Czech, who had won their last three meetings and went into the match as one of the few players with a winning record over the world number one.But Sabalenka showed her class and power as she broke Muchova once in each set to take the semi-final 6-3, 6-4 in 89 minutes and will face Ukraine’s Marta Kostyuk in Sunday’s women’s final.Former world number one Daniil Medvedev will take on unseeded American Brandon Nakashima in the men’s final.”I struggled against her a couple of times (in the past),” Sabalenka, the defending champion, said of Muchova.”I’m happy that today I was focused from the beginning and I was able to show such great tennis and put her under so much pressure and get the win in straight sets.”The 27-year-old Belarusian said she could feel her level getting better with every match in Brisbane, where she is yet to drop a set.She said that with seven of the world’s top 10 having entered, it was ideal preparation for the Australian Open, which begins in Melbourne on January 18.Sabalenka is aiming to win a third Australian Open in four years.”I definitely feel that compared to the first match here, I’m playing better and better,” she said.”That’s really important heading to Melbourne, to build that level, and to play some great matches against great opponents.”So I’m super happy with the performance so far and cannot wait to play my final match here.”Kostyuk, who entered the week ranked 26th in the world, swept past world number six Jessica Pegula 6-0, 6-3 in just 55 minutes in a stunning display of power and aggression.Kostyuk’s demolition of the American made it three wins over top 10 players in succession.She beat world number three Amanda Anisimova in the third round and ninth-ranked Mirra Andreeva in the quarter-finals.”I think it was one of those days today when everything you touch turns into gold,” Kostyuk said.”Personally, I didn’t have many matches like this in my career, especially against top-10 players, so it’s a great bonus to have such a match because it’s not easy conditions in Brisbane. It’s very hot, very humid.”Kostyuk has never beaten Sabalenka in four previous meetings but said the pressure was all on her opponent.”The pressure is not on me — I want to go out there and put on a good show for the crowd,” she said.”I really have nothing to lose.”In the men’s draw, top seed Medvedev beat Alex Michelsen of the United States 6-4, 6-2 while Nakashima defeated another American in Aleksandar Kovacevic, 7-6 (7/4), 6-4. Related Story Source link
Saudi Arabia reaffirms flat-out rejection of attempts to impose entities compromising Somalia’s unity
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia reaffirmed its full support for Somalia’s sovereignty, unity, and territorial integrity, expressing its unequivocal rejection of the reciprocal recognitions between the Israeli occupation authorities and the so-called Somaliland region.The Kingdom stressed that these recognitions consolidate separatist unilateral measures that contravene international law, alongside the Charters of both the United Nations and the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).Addressing the extraordinary meeting of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OIC to discuss developments in Somalia, convened at the OIC headquarters in Jeddah, Saudi Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Eng. Waleed bin Abdulkarim Al Khuraiji emphasized Saudi Arabia’s firm rejection of any attempts to impose parallel entities that contradict Somalia’s unity and territorial integrity.He further stressed that Saudi Arabia rejects any division or diminishment of Somaliaâ€s sovereignty, underscoring its support for Somalia’s legitimate state institutions and its commitment to preserving the stability of Somalia and its brotherly people.Al Khuraiji called on the OIC and its member states to adopt a resolute collective Islamic stance that rejects any recognition or engagement with separatist entities in Somalia, while holding Israel fully accountable for any political or security consequences arising from this act.He also urged coordinated action in international fora to safeguard Somalia’s unity and prevent the establishment of perilous precedents that threaten member states, rejecting any measures or cooperation stemming from this reciprocal recognition.In addition, Al Khuraiji reaffirmed the Kingdomâ€s steadfast support for the centrality of the Palestinian cause and its backing of all efforts to implement the ceasefire agreement in the Gaza Strip, enabling the Palestinian people to regain their self-determination and establish an independent state on the 1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital. Source link
The Organizing Committee of Qatar-UAE Super Cup announced the release of tickets for tournament’s third edition, which will be held from January 22 to 25, 2026. The competition will see Qatari and UAE teams compete for four titles – Super Cup, Challenge Shield, Super Shield and Challenge Cup.The competition kicks off on January 22 with the Super Cup match between Al Gharafa and Sharjah at Thani Bin Jassim Stadium in Doha (kick-off 7pm Qatar time, 8pm UAE time). On January 23, Abu Dhabi will host the Challenge Shield match between Al Wahda and Al Duhail at Al Nahyan Stadium (kick-off 7pm Qatar time, 8pm UAE time). The third, Super Shield, will be a highly-anticipated clash between Al Sadd and Shabab Al Ahli at Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium in Doha on January 24 (kick-off 7pm Qatar time, 8pm UAE time). The event concludes on January 25 with the Challenge Cup match between Al Jazira and Al Ahli at Mohammed Bin Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi (kick-off 7pm Qatar time, 8pm UAE time). Source link
US President Donald Trump signed an executive order Saturday aimed at protecting the proceeds from the sale of Venezuelan oil deposited in US Treasury accounts from any quarantine or judicial process. The White House said in a statement that the order is intended to advance the foreign policy objectives of the United States, adding that President Trump prevents any seizure of Venezuelan oil revenues that could undermine the critical efforts undertaken by the US to ensure economic and political stability in Venezuela.The US announced on Friday that its forces had intercepted the oil tanker “Olina” in the Caribbean, marking the fifth vessel targeted in recent weeks, as Washington intensifies its efforts to curb Venezuelan oil exports.It is noted that last Saturday, Trump declared a broad-scale operation against Venezuela, during which Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro and his wife, Cilia Flores, were taken into custody and transferred out of the country. Following these developments, Venezuela recently announced that it had initiated talks with the US regarding the resumption of diplomatic relations between the two countries, occurring days after US special forces detained President Nicolas Maduro and removed him from the capital, Caracas. Source link
Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi met in Tehran on Saturday with his Omani counterpart, Badr bin Hamad Al Busaidi, to discuss bilateral relations and ways to strengthen them across a variety of fields.Both ministers exchanged viewpoints on regional and global matters of shared concern, including developments in the Middle East, regional security, de-escalation efforts, and a range of current global issues. Source link
Poland’s Hubert Hurkacz celebrates after defeating USA’s Taylor Fritz in the semi-final match at the United Cup in Sydney Saturday. (AFP) Poland exacted revenge for their loss to the United States in last year’s final, beating the defending champions in their last-four tie at the United Cup to set up a title clash with Switzerland, who beat Belgium in their semi-final Saturday.Hubert Hurkacz stunned world number nine Taylor Fritz in the men’s singles to give Poland the lead, before Coco Gauff beat Iga Swiatek to level the tie. But Poland prevailed in the mixed doubles decider, where Katarzyna Kawa and Jan Zielinski beat Gauff and Christian Harrison.Hurkacz, ranked 83rd in the world, avenged his loss to Fritz in last year’s final in a 7-6(1) 7-6(2) win, after taking the lead in both tiebreaks with well-placed backhand passing shots to beat his second top-10 ranked opponent this week.”Definitely pleasantly surprised… in seven months, (this is) my first tournament. So coming back from such a long period the first time in my life, you never know what to expect,” said Hurkacz, who also beatworld number three Alexander Zverev on Monday when he returned from an injury layoff.World number four Gauff got the U.S. back in the game, beating Swiatek 6-4 6-2, as the American’s powerful shots forced the world number two to stay near the baseline and make mistakes with her backhand returns.Gauff, however, could not complete her team’s comeback, as Kawa and Zielinski won 7-6(5) 7-6(3) in the mixed doubles, ensuring Poland’s progress to Sunday’s final.”I’m so proud of our team… I gave everything that I had. It means a lot, it’s a great victory for us,” Kawa said. BENCIC STEERS SWITZERLAND TO VICTORYBelinda Bencic led Switzerland to their first United Cup final, beating Elise Mertens in the singles before returning alongside Jakub Paul to clinch a doubles win.In the deciding mixed doubles match, the Swiss duo claimed a 6-3 0-6 10-5 win over Mertens and Zizou Bergs in an hour and 17 minutes.Bencic and Paul coasted through the first set but won a total of just 12 points in the second set as the match went into a tiebreak.The Swiss pair did well to shake off their collapse and refocus, taking five points in a row to give themselves a 9-4 lead and then crossing the finish line when Bergs netted a return.”It’s easy to find the energy with this team. It’s just great to play with Belinda. I mean, just hats off to her to play almost three hours and then come out again for the doubles,” Paul said.The tie was played in gruelling conditions as temperatures hovered around 40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees Fahrenheit).Earlier, Bergs needed an energy-sapping two-and-a-half hours on court to beat Stan Wawrinka 6-3 6-7(4) 6-3. Bergs took the first set with ease but was pushed hard in the second as the Swiss captain rallied to level the match.Bergs found himself down 40-0 on Wawrinka’s serve at 4-3 in the third set, but the Belgian clawed his way back and claimed a decisive break.In the tie’s first match, Bencic kept alive her undefeated run at the tournament as she beat Elise Mertens 6-3 4-6 7-6(0) and put Switzerland in front.Bencic, a former Olympic gold medallist, has won all four singles and all four mixed doubles matches during the United Cup.”It feels like 170 kilos fell off my shoulders – I was so stressed; I really wanted to do well, and today I felt so much pressure to not let my team down,” Bencic said.”I was really focused on myself, on breathing, and I’m super happy that I stayed tough in the important moments.” Related Story Source link
Bangladesh’s T20 World Cup build-up has been thrown into turmoil by security concerns over playing in India, triggering controversy involving the BCB, BCCI and former national…
A serviceman walks past the Nimbus 2K high-speed aerial target drone by the Woot Tech aerospace company, during the second edition of Pakistan International Maritime Expo…