Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.
Author: Publisher
Bryson DeChambeau of the United States acknowledges a gallery of patrons while playing the third hole during a practice round prior to the 2026 Masters Tournament…
As part of their ongoing co-operation and co-ordination to ensure the highest standards of integrity in competitions and guarantee transparency and fair play for teams and players, the Qatar Stars League (QSL) and International Centre for Sport Security (ICSS) have reaffirmed their commitment towards integrity in Doha Bank Stars League matches.Both entities collaborate to ensure integrity and transparency in competitions throughout the season, particularly in crucial rounds. The final round of the season has become crucial in determining the league champions and final positions – be they the top-four finish or relegation to Second Division.It may be noted that QSL and ICSS have a joint work programme in place based on promoting integrity and transparency. It included several workshops and training courses for those involved in professional football, with the participation of club company representatives, players and coaches. Source link
Vice President JD Vance’s diplomatic mission to Islamabad has been put on hold after Iran failed to respond to US negotiating positions, according to an official with direct knowledge of the situation. According to The New York Times, Vance had been due to fly to the Pakistani capital today, where talks were set to resume tomorrow — the same day the fragile US-Iran ceasefire is set to expire. The trip has not been formally cancelled and could resume at short notice should Iran’s negotiators offer a response that President Trump considers acceptable. Washington is also seeking a clear signal that Iran’s negotiating team has been fully authorised to conclude a deal. The Pentagon is reportedly reviewing military options should Trump determine that Tehran is not engaging in good faith, though the official stressed a return to strikes was not imminent. President Trump’s special envoy Steve Witkoff and son-in-law Jared Kushner have also not left the United States, according to a White House official. They were expected to travel to Pakistan as part of the US delegation with Vance, but all three men remain in the United States. Related Story Source link
More than $71 billion will be needed over the next decade for recovery and reconstruction in war-ravaged Gaza, according to an EU-UN assessment published Monday. In their final Gaza Rapid Damage and Needs Assessment (RDNA), the United Nations and the European Union said that more than two years of war in the Palestinian territory “has led to unprecedented loss of life and a catastrophic humanitarian crisis”. “Recovery and reconstruction needs are estimated at around $71.4 billion,” said the assessment, developed in coordination with the World Bank. The final assessment determined that $26.3 billion would be required in the first 18 months to restore essential services, rebuild critical infrastructure and support economic recovery. “Physical infrastructure damages are estimated at $35.2 billion, with economic and social losses amounting to $22.7 billion,” a joint statement said. “The scale and extent of deprivation across living conditions, livelihoods/income, food security, gender equality, and social inclusion, have pushed back human development in the Gaza Strip by 77 years,” the assessment said. Source link
I Marine Expeditionary Force (I MEF) Commanding General and US Marine Corps Lieutenant General Christian Wortman attaches the Balikatan patch to Philippine Exercise Director Francisco Lorenzo,…
This picture shows the destruction from Israeli strikes in the southern Lebanese city of Nabatieh on April 20, 2026. Hezbollah lawmaker Hassan Fadlallah said on April…
US President Donald Trump yesterday dismissed his top energy official’s view that gas prices will not drop until 2027, saying Americans can expect lower costs as soon as the Iran war ends. On Sunday, US Energy Secretary Chris Wright told CNN that while petrol below $3 a gallon “could happen later this year, that might not happen until next year.” “I think he’s wrong on that. Totally wrong,” Trump told a reporter from ‘The Hill’, adding that prices are expected to come down “as soon as this ends.” While Wright, also on CNN, agreed that “with the resolution of this conflict, you’ll see prices go down,” no clear end is in sight. A fragile ceasefire is set to expire shortly and the chances another round of peace talks succeeding are unclear. Trump and his fellow Republicans are under pressure ahead of November’s midterm elections after pledging to lower costs. With months left to go, US petrol prices remain high, inflation is rising and Trump’s approval ratings are down. The average price for a gallon of regular gas on Monday was $4.04, according to an estimate by AAA, compared to $3.15 a year ago. Source link
Ships and boats in the Strait of Hormuz off the coast of Musandam, Oman, April 20, 2026. REUTERS Iran is banking on the Strait of Hormuz as its main card in any peace negotiations with the United States, but using the waterway as leverage is not without risk for the Islamic republic.Iran had for decades talked up the threat of blocking the strait, which is a critical chokepoint for global energy supplies. With the US and Israel launching a surprise war on Iran on February 28 and killing supreme leader Ali Khamenei, Tehran finally made good on those threats and brought the vital waterway to a standstill. Since then, the United States has imposed its own blockade, bringing a halt to shipments of Iranian oil that had been spared from the closure. The situation has caused economic turmoil worldwide.European politicians fear spiking inflation, food shortages and flight cancellations as jet fuel runs out. In much of Asia, home to the biggest buyers of Middle East oil and gas, energy prices have spiked while poorer nations have been outbid for scarce supplies leading to shortages. In Sri Lanka, energy prices have increased 40%. The loss of vital fertiliser supplies, of which the Gulf is a major producer, is also expected to send food prices soaring in the developing world‘Not going to leave’ While causing global economic pain gives Iran negotiating leverage, it can’t escape the blowback entirely, with the US blockade halting oil exports worth tens of millions of dollars each day. With the two-week ceasefire in the war due to run out this week, renewed conflict over the strait would also rattle a leadership trying to find its feet under new supreme leader, Khamenei’s son Mojtaba, who has yet to appear in public. “The Strait is under the control of the Islamic republic,” said Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, the veteran of the Revolutionary Guards now serving as Iranian parliament speaker and seen as the chief negotiator in talks with the US. “When they wanted to send minesweepers to clear mines, we stood our ground, we confronted them. We said these are ceasefire violations,” he said in remarks broadcast by Iranian television.“We are here (in the Strait of Hormuz), we are not going to leave,” he added. ‘Who will blink first’The blockade of Hormuz represented a switch in strategy for the Islamic republic, which had long brandished the threat without following through. After decades seeking to prevent Iran obtaining a nuclear weapon — an ambition the Islamic republic insists it does not have — as well as battling pro-Tehran proxies, the West now faces a new and potentially long-lasting problem. “As long as Ayatollah Ali Khamenei was in power, the Islamic Republic at times sent mixed signals about its nuclear program and threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz, but stopped short of both,” said Ali Alfoneh, senior fellow at the Arab Gulf States Institute and author of “Political Succession in the Islamic Republic of Iran”. “With Khamenei gone and the regime in an existential struggle, that restraint no longer holds,” he said, adding that “Iran’s nuclear doctrine may also be under revision”. But he warned that the US counter-blockade on Iranian shipping in Gulf ports can also hurt the Islamic republic by cutting off its oil revenue at a time of intense economic vulnerability. “The conflict is now a contest of endurance… Who will blink first?”In his first major written statement since taking office, Mojtaba Khamenei on March 12 called for the use of “the lever of blocking the Strait of Hormuz”. With possible new talks between Iran and the US in the coming days, Iran’s First Vice President Mohammad Reza Aref said on Monday that “security of the Strait of Hormuz is not free”.“The choice is clear: either a free oil market for all, or the risk of significant costs for everyone.”Analysts at the International Crisis Group think tank said Iran’s strategy for Hormuz was to signal it was open to diplomacy “but only on terms that show it has not suffered strategic defeat”.But with the US naval blockade seeking to “override Iranian control instead of negotiating over it” the strait has turned from a “bargaining chip into a flashpoint for potential military escalation”. Source link
Real Madrid’s French forward #10 Kylian Mbappe attends a training session on the eve of the UEFA Champions League quarter final first leg football match against…
Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) announced that its National Mental Health Helpline (NMHH) has experienced remarkable growth and success last year.The Helpline answered 19,238 calls in 2025, highlighting the need for accessible mental health support across Qatar.As part of its extended function, the Helpline has established a comprehensive triage and assessment service for people referred to Psychiatry and/or Psychology Clinics.This service ensures that patients who require help are directed to the most appropriate clinic in a timely manner.Since its launch six years ago, the NMHH has continued to grow and enhance its services, reaching a 90 percent patient satisfaction rate, according to an anonymous survey of users.The Helpline Triage Team (HTT) of experienced mental health nurses have guided more than 12,700 callers to appropriate support, ranging from family support and individual psychological support to inquiries and appointments, while the psychology team has ensured rapid access to talking-therapy for nearly 1,400 new patients.A total of 4225 calls were answered by the rapid intervention team and those callers have been directed to have specialist psychiatric intervention and medication. The pharmacy team answered 692 calls, while a further 221 calls were handled across various service categories.This rapid intervention service has been able to respond to early signs of relapse, review of treatment and to stabilize any potential crisis, preventing more than 400 patients attending Emergency Departments.The service is the primary point of access for mental health support in Qatar, offering a fully confidential, rapid response service to support anyone needing professional mental health support, irrespective of age, gender, background or nationality.Experienced mental health professionals including nurses, psychologists, psychiatrists and allied health professionals, are on hand to offer confidential, specialized mental health support to all callers.HMC has invited the public to make use of the Helpline, which is reachable by calling 16000 and choosing option 4 for Mental Health.The Helpline is available from 8 am to 6 pm Saturday to Thursday. Source link
