Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.
Author: Publisher
A woman holds a child in a school turned into a shelter for displaced families, in Dekwaneh, Lebanon. – Reuters Israel will occupy southern Lebanon up to the Litani River to create a “defensive buffer”, Defence Minister Israel Katz said yesterday, spelling out for the first time Israel’s intent to seize territory amounting to nearly a tenth of Lebanon. At a meeting with the military chief of staff, Katz said Israeli forces would “control the remaining bridges and the security zone up to the Litani”, a river that meets the Mediterranean about 30km (20 miles) north of Israel’s border. Lebanese armed group Hezbollah said it would fight to prevent Israeli troops from occupying southern Lebanon, calling such a move an “existential threat” to the Lebanese state.Senior Hezbollah lawmaker Hassan Fadlallah said any Israeli occupation south of the Litani would be met with resistance. “We have no choice but to confront this aggression and cling to the land,” he told Reuters.Israel has destroyed five bridges over the river since March 13 and accelerated the demolition of homes in Lebanese villages near the border, part of what it says is a campaign against Hezbollah rather than civilians. Under international law, attacks on civilian infrastructure, including homes and bridges, are generally prohibited. Katz has previously warned Lebanon’s government that it would lose territory if it failed to disarm Hezbollah, the group backed by Tehran that drew Lebanon into the US-Israeli war on Iran when it fired into Israel on March 2. The Israeli military declined to comment on Katz’s remarks.It has previously said ground troops were carrying out limited, targeted raids near the border. Israel has repeatedly invaded Lebanon in recent decades, and occupied the south until 2000. There was no immediate comment from the Lebanese government. Residents who have fled the south decried the silence. “If our government isn’t standing with us, what is it we can do?” said Najib Hussein Halawi, who fled his hometown of Kfar Kila near the border weeks ago.He says the village is in ruins. Israel’s strikes across southern Lebanon and parts of Beirut have caused widespread destruction and killed more than 1,000 people, according to Lebanese authorities, with over 1mn residents forced from their homes. The UN human rights chief has criticised Israel’s actions, particularly its use of evacuation orders. Among those killed are almost 120 children, 80 women and 40 medical personnel, according to Lebanon’s health ministry, which does not otherwise distinguish between civilians and militants. Two Israeli soldiers have been killed in fighting in Lebanon. Israel kept up strikes across Lebanon yesterday, with the state-run National News Agency (NNA) reporting attacks in the country’s south and east, as well as near Beirut, after a night of bombardment on the capital’s southern suburbs. In south Beirut, an AFP photographer saw vast destruction near the site of an Israeli strike overnight, with rubble piled up and debris covering the street. The Israeli army said that overnight its forces “struck Hezbollah terrorist infrastructure in Beirut and in additional areas in Lebanon”. In Bshamoun, a mixed town in the Aley region southeast of Beirut, outside of Hezbollah’s traditional strongholds, AFP correspondents saw destruction to an apartment building hit by an Israeli strike. “There’s nothing left. It’s all burned or destroyed… No walls, the windows are gone, the facade is gone, all my hard work has been lost,” said Abbas Qassem, 55, weeping at the damage to his unoccupied flat near the targeted apartment. “What have I done to have my home destroyed? I’m just a normal person,” said Qassem, who works for the state telecoms provider.Lebanon’s health ministry said three people were killed including a three-year-old girl, and reported five others killed in Israeli strikes in south Lebanon. Source link
RCB, Rajasthan Royals and valuation boom: How IPL’s latest sales pushed league into global sports asset elite
The valuation of IPL franchises, with RCB at $1.78 billion and RR at $1.63 billion, shows their emergence as premium sports assets. Hindustan Times 25 March,…
A delivery man transports liquid petroleum gas (LPG) cylinders in Amritsar yesterday. (AFP) Soaring black-market prices of cooking gas in India’s capital are pushing poorer families back to wood and coal, raising health risks and worsening air quality in the highly polluted megacity.India is the world’s second-largest buyer of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), which is used for cooking and predominantly sourced from the Middle East — and supplies have been strangled by the ongoing war. India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi has urged states to curb black marketing and avoid panic, stressing that India’s energy supplies remain stable. In the low-income Madanpur Khadar neighbourhood, 36-year-old domestic helper Sheela Kumari says she has been forced to abandon LPG cooking gas cylinders for cooking after prices more than doubled. “We used to buy cylinders for 1,800-2,000 rupees ($19-$21), but now on the black market it has gone up to 5,000 ($53),” she told AFP, nearly as much as she entire monthly salary of 6,000 rupees. “It is unimaginable for us,” she said. “The next best option for us was going back to wood and coal.”Kumari said a 14 kilogramme cylinder lasts only 15-20 days for her family of six, even when they stretch its use out. But she says a 10 kilogramme bundle of firewood, lasting several days, costs 30 rupees ($0.30).“There are health repercussions, and my children cough,” she said. “But tell me a way out?” Her neighbour, 45-year-old Munni Bai, who has asthma, had switched to using an electric cooker as well as biogas from cow dung, to help her breathing. But now she said she was being forced to resume use of alternative fuels. “Gas is too expensive,” she said. “We cannot depend on it — we moved from coal and wood, due to my health issue, but now it is difficult to sustain.” But activists say the problem is more about access.Many migrant workers lack documentation needed for subsidised LPG and rely on informal markets, where hoarding has pushed up prices. “There is no major shortage yet, but hoarding has increased,” said Deepak, who uses only one name, from the Centre for Advocacy and Research (CFAR). “Many migrants depend on black-market cylinders, and prices have gone up two to three times”. New Delhi, and its wider sprawling metropolitan region of 30mn residents, is regularly ranked among the world’s most polluted capitals, due to a deadly mix of emissions from power plants, heavy traffic, as well as the burning of rubbish and crops. For the past decades, India’s government has pushed its “Ujjwala” or “light” clean-energy scheme, to provide over 100mn LPG connections to poor households. Burning wood, coal and biomass indoors exposes families to high levels of smoke and toxic particles, increasing the risk of respiratory illnesses.Women and children, who spend more time near cooking areas, are especially vulnerable. Source link
In line with its commitment to public safety and based on the continuous assessment of the situation by relevant authorities, the Ministry of Interior announced that social events may be held in open spaces starting Wednesday, March 25, 2026.In a statement published on X, the Ministry stressed the importance of adhering to approved regulations and procedures, and coordinating with relevant authorities to ensure the safety of attendees and the conduct of these events in a safe and organized environment.The Ministry also emphasized the importance of complying with security and safety protocols, avoiding any practices that could pose risks to individuals or the community.The Ministry of Interior expressed its appreciation for public cooperation, affirming that this reflects strong community awareness and contributes to enhancing public safety and maintaining security and stability. Source link
Pakistan’s Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif said yesterday that Islamabad is prepared to host negotiations to stop the US-Israeli war with Iran, after mounting speculation that it could act as a mediator. “Pakistan welcomes and fully supports ongoing efforts to pursue dialogue to end the WAR in Middle East, in the interest of peace and stability in (the) region and beyond,” he wrote on X. “Subject to concurrence by the US and Iran, Pakistan stands ready and honoured to be the host to facilitate meaningful and conclusive talks for a comprehensive settlement of the ongoing conflict.” Tehran’s foreign ministry suggested on Monday that messages had been received from “some friendly countries indicating a US request for negotiations at ending the war”, according to the official IRNA news agency.Sharif then said he had spoken with Iran’s President Masoud Pezeshkian, promising his government’s help in bringing peace to the region. Pakistan’s Foreign Minister and Deputy Prime Minister Ishaq Dar also said that he had been in touch with his Iranian counterpart, Abbas Araghchi. Foreign ministry spokesman Tahir Hussain Andrabi told AFP earlier yesterday that Pakistan is “always willing to host talks” and had “consistently advocated for dialogue and diplomacy to promote peace and stability in the region”. Pakistan’s former ambassador to Oman, Imran Ali Chaudhry, told 92 News late on Monday that Pakistan’s army chief recently held talks with US negotiators in the Gulf. “Around two to two-and-a-half weeks ago, Field Marshal Asim Munir went to Oman on a trip that was not disclosed and he held a four-hour meeting with (Steve) Witkoff and (Jared) Kushner,” he said.Iran is a long-standing ally of Pakistan and Islamabad has condemned the killing of supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. It also sent congratulations to his son and successor, Mojtaba. The US and Israel launched strikes on Iran on February 28 after saying that they had failed to make enough headway in talks aimed at ending Iran’s nuclear programme, although mediator Oman said significant progress had been made. Since then, Iran has attacked countries that host US bases, struck Gulf energy infrastructure and effectively closed the Strait of Hormuz, conduit for a fifth of the world’s oil and liquefied natural gas, creating the worst energy supply shock in history. A Pakistani government source said that discussions on a meeting were at an advanced stage and that if it did happen, “a big ‘if’”, it would take place within a week. The war is already taking a toll on major economies around the world, according to business surveys yesterday which showed how a surge in energy prices and rising uncertainty were dampening activity and pushing inflation expectations higher. Source link
The UN International Organization for Migration (IOM) announced that over 130,000 people have crossed from Lebanon into Syria, while more than one million have been displaced within Lebanon since the beginning of March, amid escalating Israeli attacks on the country.IOM Director General Amy Pope noted that these developments are placing additional pressure on vulnerable communities and increasing humanitarian needs.She noted that the current situation highlights how quickly instability can affect migration patterns, warning of growing humanitarian needs as pressures intensify, and stressing the necessity of continued international support.The IOM joined UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in calling for restraint and an urgent de-escalation, emphasizing the need to protect civilians, including migrants and internally displaced persons, and to fully respect international humanitarian law. Related Story Source link
Al Rayyan defeated Al Shahania 3-0 to book their place in the QSL Cup semi-finals, while Umm Salal also advanced to the last four with a 2-0 win over Al Bidda Tuesday. Two goals from Ahmed Alaaeldin in the 36th and 66th minutes, along with Roger Guedes’ strike in the 62nd minute, sealed victory for Rayyan. At the Suhaim bin Hamad Stadium, Umm Salal scored two late goals to dash Al Bidda’s hopes, with Antonio Mance finding the net in the 73rd minute before Cristo Perez added another in the 87th minute. Related Story Source link
How AMD’s latest technologies help businesses increase performance and optimally protect sensitive data. AMD’s flagship products clearly demonstrate why the company is a leader in the processor market. The 4th generation of AMD EPYC CPUs powers the world’s fastest supercomputer.1 The Ryzen AI Max is the most powerful AI processor for the next-generation PC.2 With the EPYC 9005 series, AMD delivers outstanding performance for cloud, enterprise, and AI workloads. AMD is also at the forefront of gaming: its semi custom chips are used in the fastest consoles. For laptops, the Ryzen 9 9955HX30 offers top speed, while the Ryzen 9 9950X30D sets standards for gaming and content creation in the desktop segment. Together, this clearly shows: AMD is number one in many areas of professional processors.Since its founding in 1969, AMD has grown from a small semiconductor player in Silicon Valley into a global technology company that continuously expands the boundaries of what is possible in computing. From the early days with its first processor designs to current innovations in high-performance and AI technologies, AMD’s history is one of continual development and creative engineering passion. INNOVATION AND PERFORMANCE IN THE PROFESSIONAL PROCESSOR MARKET The broad product portfolio not only underscores AMD’s leading role in the high-end processor space but also demonstrates how the company purposefully supports professional users and developers. In the mobile professional segment in particular, AMD is setting new standards with the Ryzen AI PRO processors: the specially developed high-performance processors for mobile devices bring advancements in artificial intelligence to a completely new level. The processors combine modern Zen 5 CPU cores with an integrated, powerful Neural Processing Unit (NPU) that delivers up to 55 TOPS (tera-operations per second)3 for AI workloads — currently one of the highest AI compute capabilities in mobile processors. An NPU is a specialized chip that executes AI-powered tasks directly on the device without requiring cloud services. This enables businesses and professional users to run complex AI models and data-intensive applications locally and efficiently. Because the AI processes run in the background, battery life is preserved and performance dips are avoided: all applications remain smooth and responsive, even under intensive AI use.In addition to AI performance, the AMD Ryzen AI PRO processors score with comprehensive security features across six layers: the Secure Processor4 protects firmware and BIOS (hardware root of trust), AMD Memory Guard5 encrypts the entire system memory, the Shadow Stack defends against code tampering, Microsoft Secured-Core PC provides enhanced OS-level protection, AMD V with GMET secures virtual machines, and Supply Chain Security guarantees the authenticity of chips along the supply chain. This ensures optimal security from hardware to software. WINDOWS 10 SUPPORT ENDS IN 2025: THE PERFECT TIME TO SWITCH TO A FUTURE-PROOF SOLUTION. The end of support for Windows 10 on October 14, 2025, highlights the urgency of migrating IT infrastructures to modern, high-performance systems. After that date, security updates, bug fixes, and technical support for Windows 10 will no longer be provided. This is exactly where AMD’s free “Test Drive” loan program comes in: it enables companies to trial the latest AMD Ryzen AI PRO processors risk-free and in real-world conditions, facilitating a well-founded migration to modern technology. IT teams can thereby evaluate the accelerated performance, industry-leading AI features, comprehensive security capabilities, and long battery life in practice and make an informed decision about the future of their IT infrastructure: www.ryzen.pro/de/test-driveFootnotes: 1) https://www.amd.com/en/blogs/2025/amd-maintains-global-supercomputing-leadership.html 2) STX-04a – Based on AMD product specifications and competitor products announced in October 2024, the NPUs of AMD Ryzen AI 300 series processors provide up to 50+ peak TOPS. An AI PC is defined as a laptop PC with a processor that includes a Neural Processing Unit (NPU). STX-04a. 3) GD-243 – Tera-operations per second (TOPS) for an AMD Ryzen processor refers to the maximum number of operations per second that can be executed in an optimal scenario and may not be typical. TOPS can vary due to several factors, including the specific system configuration, the AI model, and the software version. GD-243. 4) GD-72 – The AMD Secure Processor is a dedicated security processor on-chip that is integrated into every system-on-chip (SoC) and application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) designed by AMD. It enables a secure boot process with a hardware-rooted root of trust, initializes the SoC through a secure boot flow, and establishes an isolated trusted execution environment. GD-72. 5) GD-206 – Full system memory encryption with AMD Memory Guard is available on AMD Ryzen PRO, AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO, and AMD Athlon PRO processors. Source link
Colombian authorities announced Wednesday that the death toll from a military plane crash in the south of the country has risen to 70, with dozens injured, in one of the deadliest incidents to befall the Colombian armed forces in recent years.The plane crashed on Monday, minutes after takeoff, near the town of Puerto Leguizamo in Putumayo Department, close to the border with Peru. It burst into flames. There were 128 people on board, including 11 crew members.General Commander of the Colombian Military Forces Hugo Alejandro Lopez Barreto said that most of the dead were military personnel, particularly from the army. The victims also included members of the air force and two police officers. Dozens more sustained injuries of varying severity.The cause of the crash remains unclear. The military stated that there are no indications that the crash was caused by an attack from armed groups.The incident sparked political controversy, with President Gustavo Petro blaming the previous administration of Ivan Duque for the purchase of outdated military aircraft, an accusation rejected by Duque’s allies, who maintained that the decision was made in accordance with the defense standards in place at the time.This is the second incident involving a C-130 Hercules aircraft in South America in less than a month. Source link
Saudi Crown Prince discusses regional military escalation with Pakistani, British Prime Ministers
Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud discussed in a phone call today with Pakistani Prime Minister Mohammad Shahbaz the latest regional developments and the evolving military conflict and its repercussions on regional and international peace and security.According to the Saudi Press Agency (SPA), the Pakistani Prime Minister reiterated his country’s solidarity with Saudi Arabia and condemned Iranian attacks targeting the Kingdom’s security and sovereignty. He stated that Pakistan would always stand firmly alongside Saudi Arabia.In another phone call, Saudi Crown Prince and British Prime Minister Keir Starmer reviewed the evolving security situation in the region, particularly the escalating military conflict and its repercussions on regional and international peace and security, as well as its serious impact on international maritime security and the global economy.During the call, the British Prime Minister condemned the ongoing Iranian attacks against Saudi Arabia and affirmed their dangers to sovereignty and security. Related Story Source link
