Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.
Author: Publisher
The United States embassy in Baghdad has issued a strong security alert advising American citizens in Iraq to leave the country as soon as it is safe to do so, citing rapidly evolving security developments in the region.In a statement released on Sunday, the embassy said US nationals should consider departing via land routes to neighboring countries, including Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Turkiye. However, it warned that border crossings could close without notice.The advisory urged Americans who remain in Iraq to prepare for the possibility of staying in secure locations for extended periods. It recommended that citizens stock up on essential supplies such as food, water and medications.The embassy also cautioned people to avoid areas where protests or security disturbances could occur.Officials said the warning comes as security conditions across the wider region continue to shift quickly. US citizens were urged to exercise extreme caution and to closely monitor official updates and guidance.The statement did not provide further details on the specific developments prompting the alert, but emphasized the need for vigilance as the situation continues to unfold. Source link
Firefighters in Kuwait City said they have brought a blaze under control at the headquarters of the Public Institution for Social Security following what authorities described as a strike on the building.In a statement issued on Sunday, the Kuwait Fire Force said its teams managed to contain and extinguish the fire after preventing it from spreading to other parts of the complex.Fire crews worked to isolate the blaze and bring it under control after it broke out at the main building on Saturday, officials said.Earlier today, the acting director-general of the Public Institution for Social Security said no injuries had been recorded as a result of the incident.He added that several security guards who had been inside the building at the time of the strike had been evacuated from designated shelters within the facility. Source link
The Palestinian Presidency condemned “heinous” settler crimes that killed five citizens in the occupied West Bank.In a statement issued on Sunday, the presidency said the deaths were recorded in Abu Falah village, northeast of Ramallah, in Qaryut village in Nablus governorate, and in Wadi al-Rakhim area east of Yatta.The presidency stressed that international silence over occupation’s crimes and the lack of accountability have led to the escalation of violence and terror against Palestinians in West Bank, including East Jerusalem, as well as alongside the ongoing war in Gaza Strip, holding the Israeli occupation government fully responsible for this crime by providing protection and support to settler groups that continue their terrorist attacks against Palestinian citizens and their property in West Bank.It warned of the danger of these violent Israeli policies, calling on the international community, particularly the United States administration, to urgently intervene to compel the occupation authorities to stop the war and prevent further terrorist crimes committed against Palestinians. Source link
South Africa expressed “deep concern over the escalating crisis in the Gulf, arising from the use of force by the United States and Israel against Iran, the subsequent retaliatory strikes by Iran across the region, and the ongoing attacks by Israel on Lebanon.”In its statement, South Africa’s Department of International Relations and Cooperation added, “These developments risk widening the conflict with grave implications for regional and international peace and security.”The statement urged, “all parties to exercise maximum restraint and ensure that any actions taken are fully consistent with international law,” highlighting, “South Africa remains steadfast in its belief that there is no military solution to this crisis,” and calling on, “all stakeholders to prioritize de‑escalation, avoid further confrontation, and return to negotiations through established multilateral mechanisms under the auspices of the United Nations.”The statement said, “South Africa echoes the call of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights for all states to uphold international human rights and humanitarian law, and to act in a manner consistent with the principles of our shared humanity.”The country added that it is, “ready to support the United Nations and regional partners in efforts to restore calm and advance a just, lasting, and peaceful resolution.” Source link
The Bahraini Ministry of Interior announced Sunday that three individuals were injured and material damage was sustained at a university building in the Muharraq region, northeast of Bahrain.In a post on the X, the Ministry reported that the incident occurred following the fall of missile debris resulting from the Iranian aggression. Source link
China on Sunday called for an immediate halt to military operations in the Middle East to prevent further escalation and avoid the spread of conflict.Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi, speaking at a press conference, emphasized the need to respect the sovereignty, security, and territorial integrity of all Gulf states, highlighting fundamental principles for appropriately addressing Middle East issues.This is a war that should not have happened, and it is a war that does no one any good, Wang said.”Force provides no solution, and armed conflict will only increase hatred and breed new crises,” he added.Wang urged all parties to return to negotiations as soon as possible, resolve disputes through equal dialogue, and work toward collective security, emphasizing the importance of pursuing political solutions to urgent issues.He also called on major powers to act with justice and integrity, contributing positively to peace and development in the region.Wang affirmed that China is ready to cooperate with Middle Eastern countries to implement the Global Security Initiative, restore order in the region, reassure its people, and bring peace to the world. Source link
Iraqi air defences thwarted on Sunday an attack by two drones targeting a military base at Baghdad airport.A security source confirmed that two drones that attempted to target the Vicotria military base, which houses advisors to the international coalition, were shot down within the perimeter of Baghdad International Airport.The air defence systems at the base detected a breach of airspace by two drones, and were able to intercept and shoot them down, the source added.This attack is the second of its kind in the past few hours, following an attack on the base last night. Source link
The Pakistan national cricket team has arrived in Dhaka today (8 March) ahead of their three-match ODI series against Bangladesh. Pacer Shaheen Shah Afridi leads the…
An earthquake measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale struck on Sunday northwest of Greece.The European Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC) confirmed that the quake took place 152 kilometers west of the city of Larissa in northern Greece, which has a population of about 145,000.EMSC pointed out that the earthquake occurred at a depth of 10 kilometers, noting that there have been no reports of casualties or material damage due to the quake so far.Greece is located in an active seismic zone, and strong earthquakes occur there from time to time. Source link
The Israeli occupation forces (IOF) murdered a Palestinian man in the village of Abu Falah, northeast Ramallah in the West Bank, after having stormed the village and fired tear gas canisters.WAFA news agency reported that the IOF raided the village and targeted civilians with tear gas, murdering a 55-year-old Palestinian man who suffocated and died of cardiac arrest before reaching the hospital.Palestinian Ministry of Health had reported earlier on Sunday that the IOF shot two other Palestinians in the village of Abu Falah, northeast Ramallah in the occupied West Bank. Source link
