Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.
Author: Publisher
Japan will start releasing oil from state reserves on Thursday, Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi said, after Tokyo started a similar operation last week.Takaichi stated that japan will begin releasing national reserves from Mar. 26th to ensure the necessary supply of petroleum products for the entire country.Last week, Tokyo began withdrawing the equivalent of 15 days’ worth of oil reserves held by the private sector.Japan relies on the Middle East for over 90% of its crude oil imports, most of which travel through the Strait of Hormuz. The strait has been effectively closed by Iran in the wake of the start of the conflict, triggering a surge in crude oil prices.Members of the International Energy Agency agreed on Mar. 11 that Japan would begin freeing up reserves to mitigate price surges caused by the war in the Middle East. Related Story Source link
Team Qatar delivered an outstanding performance at the opening round of the 2026 European Le Mans Series, securing a remarkable victory in the 992 AM category at the prestigious race held at Mugello Circuit. The Qatari trio of Abdulla al-Khelaifi, Ahmad al-Emadi, and Faesal Al-Yafei showcased exceptional teamwork, consistency, and racecraft throughout the demanding endurance event. The race format was uniquely divided into two parts. Part 1, held on Saturday, featured 5 hour 30 minutes of intense racing, during which Team Qatar set the tone early by taking the lead in the 992 AM category. Demonstrating strong pace and strategic precision, the team maintained their advantage heading into the overnight break. On Sunday, Part 2 resumed with the remaining 6 hours 30 minutes of racing. Despite the challenges of endurance competition, including tire management, and sustained focus, the Team Qatar drivers executed a flawless continuation of their performance. They successfully defended their position, ultimately crossing the finish line in P1, sealing a well-deserved victory. This achievement marks a significant milestone for Team Qatar, highlighting the drivers’ growing presence on the international endurance racing scene and reinforcing Qatar’s reputation in global motorsport. Related Story Source link
Smoke rises from Beirut’s southern suburbs following an Israeli strike, after an escalation between Hezbollah and Israel, amid the US-Israeli conflict with Iran, in Lebanon, Monday.…
Al Rayyan will begin life after the departure of coach Artur Jorge when they face Al Shahania in the quarter-finals of the QSL Cup Tuesday, with several clubs set to rely on youngsters and players not involved in national team duty. The competition traditionally provides opportunities for emerging talents and fringe players during international windows, and this edition is expected to follow the same pattern as teams balance development with their push for silverware. Brazilian giants Cruzeiro confirmed the appointment of Jorge as manager on Sunday, almost 18 months after the Portuguese guided Botafogo to continental success. The 54-year-old announced his departure from Al Rayyan over the weekend before securing a deal that runs until the end of 2027. His exit leaves Rayyan entering the knockout stage in transition, with the club expected to give opportunities to younger squad members. “Today marks the end of a very special chapter in my career,” Jorge said upon leaving Al-Rayyan. “It was an honour to represent Al Rayyan with seriousness and dedication. A great club, and with very good people. Throughout this period, I had the privilege of working with high level professionals and sharing the day-to-day life with a group of players who always demonstrated commitment.” Rayyan, who qualified directly for the last-eight stage after finishing top of their group with 25 points, will take on Al Shahania at Al Khor Stadium today at 6:15pm. Al Shahania booked their place in the quarter-finals after edging Al Shamal 1-0 in the play-off round. Also today, Umm Salal will meet Al Bidda at Suhaim Bin Hamad Stadium at 8:15pm. Umm Salal head into the tie with renewed confidence following improved performances under coach Ruben Albes, while Al Bidda will look to continue their impressive run and test themselves against top-flight opposition. Wednesday, Muaither will face Al Markhiya at 6:15pm, with both sides aiming to build momentum as they chase promotion back to the top division next season. Later the same evening, Al Arabi will take on Al Waab at Al Khor Stadium at 8:15pm, with Arabi seeking to underline their credentials while Waab aim to extend their fairytale run in the tournament. Related Story Source link
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un receives applause as he attends the first session of the Supreme People’s Assembly, where state media reports he is reappointed as…
MIAMI GARDENS, FLORIDA – MARCH 22: Carlos Alcaraz of Spain leaves the court after losing to Sebastian Korda of the United States on Day 6 of…
Born from the ashes of the Second World War, the dream of a more peaceful and fairer world drew nations together in 1945 under a new…
US President Donald Trump said on Monday that he has ordered the United States military to postpone strikes against Iranian power plants and energy infrastructure for five days after holding ’good and productive conversations’ with Tehran.’I am pleased to report that the United States of America, and the country of Iran, have had, over the last two days, very good and productive conversations regarding a complete and total resolution of our hostilities in the Middle East,’ Trump posted on his Truth Social platform.’I have instructed the Department of War to postpone any and all military strikes against Iranian power plants and energy infrastructure for a five day period, subject to the success of the ongoing meetings and discussions.’Trump on Saturday gave Tehran 48 hours to reopen the Strait of Hormuz to all vessels, warning that otherwise the US would ‘obliterate’ Iran's power plants. Source link
Egyptian FM discusses developments in West Bank and Gaza with Palestinian Vice President
Egyptian Foreign Minister Badr Abdelatty discussed the developments in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip in a telephone conversation on Monday with Palestinian Vice President Hussein Al Sheikh.Both sides also addressed the implications of these developments on the security and stability in the occupied Palestinian territories, including the escalating tempo of settler violence in the West Bank.A statement by the Egyptian Foreign Ministry said the two sides emphasized the the need not to divert attention from the ongoing violations in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, amid the regional and global focus on the perilous escalation in the region.They also reaffirmed the importance of ramping up global efforts to halt the escalation, protect civilians, and prioritize dialogue and diplomatic solutions. They further stressed the need to create appropriate conditions for resuming the political process toward achieving a just and comprehensive settlement to the Palestinian cause. Source link
Hot on the heels of a scorching decade, the UN’s weather agency has said that the planet’s climate is “more out of balance than at any…
